Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Jacobson Carbon Fiber Mandolin Prototype

Hello everyone. Here's a prototype carbon fiber mandolin I just finished. I think it came out great, considering I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to composites. There are some obvious...
  2. Replies
    Views

A few pics of #6

iPhone quality sorry:)
  3. Replies
    Views

Tab Reader's Guide to Standard Notation

Here's an revised copy of John McGann's Guitar and Mandolin Tablature Reader's Guide to Standard Notation. I just edited it to get the pages in correct order.
  4. Replies
    Views

Behold the Yaybahar

Not sure whether to enjoy this or be afraid, but the instrument is cool and the view even cooler. Coil springs act as delay line and reverb, drum heads amplify. After a bit of reverb demo the bow...
  5. Jonathan McClanahan restoration of Lyon & Healy parlor guitar

Hey guys! I just wanted to show you guys my latest restoration. Check out the You Tube link to listen to it. Steve Smith of Cumberland Acoustics commissioned me to restore his Lyon Healy parlor...
  6. Replies
    Views

Homemade carbon fiber mandolin

About 6 years ago I built myself a carbon fiber mandolin. I posted on here about it, here's the thread:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?41820-Carbon-fiber-mandolin

That...
  7. Re: Have you ever been ridiculed for your choice in instrument?

No.

Far from it actually.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: My Mandolin Dream

Or Sierra Jarosz?
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mixed Feelings...

In a way, he was punk long before punk. Saying Bill wasn't that great with the mando is like saying Johnny Rotten was a lousy vocalist compared to Celine Dion - it sort of misses the point completely.
  10. Replies
    Views

Trad zeppelin

I noticed a couple recent threads about Led Zeppelin and the mando, and thought folks might dig this. It's a mash-up of several trad tunes and loose interpretations of three Zep tunes:Battle of...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Chinese Breedloves?

Hi folks, To put some fears to rest. The Weber brand will continue to be built domestically only and there is no intension to bring on an import under the Weber name. Breedlove mandolins with also...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Chinese Breedloves?

Well, I don't expect a Kobe flatiron steak when I go to McDonald's. :-)
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: what to do when the band gets a bit stagnant?

There's a scene from the movie, The Doors, when the band goes out to Joshua Tree and eats peyote. That seemed to do the trick.
  14. Replies
    Views

Ol Timer Mandolin

Here is my latest creation. Carpathian spruce, quilted maple sides & back with black walnut wedges, black walnut head stock overlay with bl/w wood purfling,compound radiused fret board, Orrico solid...
  15. Replies
    Views

www.jazz-mandolin.com

I’d like to announce my new web site

http://www.jazz-mandolin.com/

With many articles on how to play Jazz on the mandolin. Subjects include getting started playing Jazz, common Jazz tunes,...
  16. Re: Mandolins in the, ahem, mainstream media

I'm aware it's been a while since you posted this comment, but I can't help myself when I read Flogging Molly :D
    While your statement is definitely true for their first few albums especially, I...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: nylon mandocello strings

Gotta thank all of you for posting to this question of mine...been very help full to say the least.

It looks like me gonna get 2 sets of Aquila Alabastro Nylguts and some of their .056ers for the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: What's up at Gibson Mandolins?

Hello all, sorry I missed your last email Billy.
    It never ceases to amaze me how incorrect the rumor mill can be. No truth to this latest that Gibson mandolin production is down to one or less...
  19. Replies
    Views

A visit to Mandolin Brothers

So today I decided that as someone who both takes mandolin playing seriously and lives in NY (albeit three hours upstate from the city) it was high time I visit Mandolin Brothers. Left after...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The Loar 700

I just want to say that that's a real, great friend you got there. Wish I knew someone like that.. Very envious :)
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Doublestops

I did a book on doublestops for Bluegrass Mandolin. You can download it free at my web site.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: ShopGoodwill: Mandolin Harp

When mandolins were widely popular, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the label "mandolin" got stuck on instruments that had no connection with what we think of as a mandolin. This is...
  23. Thread: For sale?

by SternART
    Replies
    Views

Re: For sale?

Ahhh geeze, this same thing happened to me about 25 years ago.....backed over my own mandolin, girlfriend felt terrible........my case was better though & it was repairable, just a top crack. ...
  24. Replies
    Views

Looking for Info on a Mandolin I inquired.

I do not know much about the instrument but it has on the inside of the piece:

1 2 3 4
    MI LA RE SOL

Napoliten
    by
    Avarez