Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Are there already any pros playing the new 1923 reissue?

No idea but they should send one to you, Los Hermanos Cubero is still killing it!
  2. Re: Need audio tracks for Mandolin Blues from Memphis to Maxwell

I have and really enjoy that excellent book. Mine directed me to a website on the first page with a passcode to stream the audio files - I assume yours did not? I would reach out to the publisher.
  3. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Hopefully that Skipper will speak to somebody and will make them very happy, at a good price. There’s a 48 hour approval period, minus PayPal fees and return shipping.
  4. Re: Thile & Daves: It's Fiddle Tune Request Time!

I love Michael Daves’s choices on that album. Really catchy improvisational ideas, always in service to the melody. And they sing well together.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Chris Thile album

I respect what Chris Thile has done with his talents, both in developing his gift, and supporting other musicians. He got a nice kick in the teeth at the start of the pandemic when Live From Here...
  6. Re: Looking for some insight into microtonal mandolin

Flynn,

Thank you for this explanation. I’m curious if you’ve considered a fretless mandolin. To my ear the notes in the fiddle tunes are pretty close to the notes we’re used to, and part of the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F2 and F4 mandolins.

For me there is nothing like a a Gibson F2 or F4. The sound of an old Gibson oval is what I like. The gap in price between these and the F5s seems bigger than the gap in mojo, and I expect that...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Are Music Store Prices Firm?

You will probably have better luck working with the store directly, rather than working through a site that hosts their ad and allows you to make an offer. The same goes for working with the store...
  9. Re: Finding a teacher when you have very specific musical interes

I also have very specific interests and found a teacher in a different country with deep expertise in playing the type of music I want to play on the mandolin. I had good results straying from the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb announces increase in fees

It seems like reverb has dumped a ton of money into SEO. Google anything instrument related and you get a million reverb ads.

Reverb now requires you as a seller to link directly to your bank...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mid-range Case Recommendations

Hiscox is my favorite at any price. Light, kind to the instrument, and protective.
  12. Thread: What the

by lgibjones
    Replies
    Views

Re: What the

I'm glad to see these two playing together. Two prodigies who have honed their skills from a young age. I hope they continue to push each other.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on Arches FT Oval hole Mandolin?

Great great great. Outstanding value at the builder's asking price.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Collings has passed away

Sad news. Someone I really admire. A great example of how to run a company and make the world a better place.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield mandolins

I love that Hermanos Cubero stuff!

Roberto, maybe I missed it, what are the details for your Northfield?
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield new pricing

My concept of the initial brand identity for Northfield was they enable buyers to get in to a very high quality mandolin at a lower price point. That they are now going for $6K was surprising to me,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield new pricing

It's important to me that people in America are able to make a living manufacturing mandolins, and for this reason I prioritize purchasing American-made mandolins. I don't associate this with the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

The classifieds on this site are unbeatable. Thanks for the work you put in on the site.