Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Basic Mandolin Music Resource

Hello All,
    I feel sure this site has likely been posted but reminders are good. I'm a beginning mandolin player and was looking for some basic mandolin music especially laments, jigs, reels, and the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gymnopédie No.1 (Erik Satie)

I take advantage of Christian's post to share my version...

eMFzdbarcfk
  3. Valses Poéticos Valse 1 Op.10(Enrique Granados)

I published this in the Song-a-Week social group and I thought it might be interesting for the fans of the classical mandolin too. I made an arrangement of Enrique Granados' Valse poético op.10, no.1...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: How to match the colour of a repair?

My 1904 Embergher style 3 has a rosewood fluted bowl. In some ways it would easier to patch that darker wood than a flamed maple bowl.

In any case, here is the mandolin when I first received it...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Ermelinda Silvestri - Needs help!

I would roughly date it in 1910s-1920s. At some stage Silvestri teamed up with another maker Sgroi and had mandolins made under Sgroi-Silvestri joint brand. Then they apparently split and Sgroi...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Ninetta - Mazurka by C. A. Bracco

Hi Christopher, I have put the scores of the Album pour Mandoline No. 1 and No.3 to my musicaneo site:
    https://michaelreichenbach.musicaneo.com/
    I plan to make scans of Album No.2 and Album No. 4...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Embergher Instruments best period

I'd like to share my somewhat limited experience with Embergher instruments I was lucky to play, made from 1890's to 1916, only one was model 5, all others were models 1, 2 and 3. All instruments...
  8. Replies
    Views

Ninetta - Mazurka by C. A. Bracco

This mazurka by the famous composer C. A. Bracco can be found in the Album pour Mandoline No. 3 which has been published by Ricordi ca. 1899. Bracco is famous for his compositions “I Mandolin a...
  9. Re: Are there any Luigi Embergher fakes? How to ID?

Yes the extended fingerboard was used by virtuoso players. The dotted line in the first measure is part of an 8v up notation:
  10. Re: Are there any Luigi Embergher fakes? How to ID?

That odd-ball mandolin is a Cetra-Madami built in the 1920s. I don’t quite understand the Wikipedia article that seemed to state that the Embergher shop had to shut down in the 1930 confusedly...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Strange dealings on Reverb

DANKE. I didn't think to check there. In Germany for Italian mandolins. :) I am already in contact with a seller.

EDIT:: I just bought another one on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and I saved 50 euro ...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Puglisi Wood-topped banjo-mandolin

I'm not suggesting that Puglisi might have been copying someone or anyone in regards to your curious manjolin.
    I don't really have much experience with these hybrids, beyond a single "Wolverine"...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Puglisi Wood-topped banjo-mandolin

I've got nothing to add, except to say thanks for posting this.

I'm a big fan of Puglisi instruments and have never seen something like this from them, but I must say I'm not surprised, either....
  14. Replies
    Views

Calace Piccola Gavotta

Here's my attempt at recording Calace's Piccola Gavotta.

https://youtu.be/fsUd_li76C0
  15. Re: Question About Carlo Bruno mandolin from Torino, Italy.

Some years ago i saw a Milanese Mandolin of Carlo Bruno on ebay, a really good instrument. I attached a photo of the advertisement that appeared on the magazine "Il Mandolino" about the workshop of...
  16. Replies
    Views

Fischiettando

Here is a little traditional Italian music for you. This was usually played using a Sicilian shepherd's flute or whistle which was called the 'friscellettu'. Fischiettando means 'whistling around'....
  17. Re: Looking for information on an old mandolin

This looks like a winner! Wow! I ran the advertisement through google translate, this was the information from the left hand side:

“Musical instruments, speaking apparatus, lute mandolin Tuning...
  18. Re: The mandolin in Portugal (ca. 1770-1830)

Thanks for the compliments! I do spend a lot of time on my research and writing it all up.

I sometimes worry some readers might find things too long and detailed. But breaking things up in small...
  19. The mandolin in Portugal (ca. 1770-1830)

Hi all,

I've published a rather large blog post concerning a dark horse of mandolin history: the mandolin in Portugal (ca. 1770-1830).

Besides listing some sources already discovered by...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: “Bouquet de roses” by Patierno

3 books by Patierno are now available from IMSLP
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Theory for beginners videos

Video #9 covers what is meant by the "Circle Of Fifths"

Go to

https://www.petemartin.info/videos.html

and scroll down to

"Music Theory for Fiddle Mandolin and Violin"
  22. Re: "Con Brio" Album (Johan Kok), for mandolin quartet

I have just re-recorded two of the Johan Kok tunes from this album (Dancing Doll and Benjamine), in a less regimented recording style: simply record a video of the lead mandolin part, then overdub...
  23. Re: Article: French and Italian Tunes for Mandolin and Fiddle

Hi Carrie, I am glad you are enjoying the recordings. I had not really planned for the book to be downloadable, but maybe I should reconsider that? Drop me a line at burkesurette@gmail.com, and we...
  24. Replies
    Views

"The Mandolin Meets Vivaldi" in NE Ohio

A friend of mine shared this by e-mail. I don't know John Reynolds, but am sincerely curious. I may try to listen in.

Please plan on joining us for :
    VIRTUAL CONCERT: The Mandolin Meets...
  25. Raffaele Calace, "Minuetto, Op. 103" for solo mandola in G

Raffaele Calace wrote extensively for the mandola in G (a.k.a. octave mandolin) in his ensemble works, but left no solo pieces (as far as is known) for the instrument. However, some of his solo...
Page 1 of 2 1 2