Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Musty Smell in the case and mandolin.

In my experience, direct sunlight always works the best over time. But you can help it along! I've had luck with both very smelly cars and very smelly cases using Ozium - both the canister and the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for small Martin tenor guitar?

I recently picked up a case made for a reproduction baroque guitar and although it fits my size 2, it's very close to my old size 5 tenor case. (I have an 0-17T now so cases are a lot easier to come...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Chord-Melody on Tenor Guitar

Hello! The OP hasn't logged in for over a year, but I can give you my experience with these books (also bought because of this thread!) I play GDAE tenor instruments and these books were both helpful...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor tuning - EBF#C#?

I had been playing in lower tunings this week with the wrong strings (too floppy!) so I decided to try restringing. I didn't have the right strings around for FCGD, but I had the right ones to pull...
  5. Thread: New tenor

by mreidsma
    Replies
    Views

Re: New tenor

Here's a YouTube review of the Recording King I spotted on one of the FaceBook Tenor Guitar groups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXaMm0C0kd0

Looks like he had some quality control issues -...
  6. Re: Buzzing on Greek Bouzouki since I changed tuning + string gau

Michael,

My first thoughts are:

1. The fourth fret is high. Can you use a small straight edge placed from the 3rd to the 5th frets, and see if it rocks back on forth on the 4th fret? That fret...
  7. Re: just starting out - what are my string options?

pheffernan has the best option for Jazz: tune to "standard" tenor tuning, CGDA, and get yourself some tenor banjo books. Mostly the tenor banjo books have Jazz repertoire in them. You don't have to...
  8. Re: A tune I wrote for octave mandolin - Something Squirrelly

Sounds great! Going to give this a shot capoed on my tenor guitar. Won't have quite the same ring, but I think it'll work.
  9. Replies
    Views

Goat Rodeo Tiny (Home) Desk Concert

I looked around for this on the forum, and didn't see it - so wanted to share. Nicely edited home "concert" by Goat Rodeo on NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts). The music is (of course) amazing, but if you're...
  10. Replies
    Views

Frankenstein electric tenor

I have a habit of putting together frankenstein guitars, especially tenors: more than one 6 string neck has made a few passes through my band saw and been attacked by rasps and planes and become a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Your thoughts on this old Kay?

One last question: are those nylon strings on it now?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Your thoughts on this old Kay?

I’ll bite: 1920-1930s. (I know they brought back the Venetian shape for mandolins in the 1950s or 60s, but I don’t think they did tenors that way again, or at least not with pearloid.)

CGDA would...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: New to the emando world.

Looks great! I love that copper pickguard. Reminds me of the original guards on the Fender JazzMaster and the like. Can't wait to hear a sound clip!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Are tenor guitars slightly evil?

That’s a beauty! Welcome to the madness. :)
  15. A not inexpensive way to try the tenor guitar

Anyone else see this incredible electric Rickenbacker tenor with matching amp from 1934 on eBay for the low low price of half a million smackeroos?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323778612936

What a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Favourite effects for electrics.

Verne,

That is SUPER helpful! And your rig is intense and amazing. Looks like a lot of fun! I'll keep at it, and will look at the links that John shared above, too. Reverb I get. That's where I...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Tiny Moore electric 5-string lesson

Would love to see some photos of that! I've been thinking that would be a fun build.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Nice Trader Todd! I like those slides in the B part!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Conversion from cheap 6 string

Steve, your post was one I read over a few times when I was planning my conversion!

I did buy a "real" tenor guitar, and I've had 24 hours with it, a 1935 Gibson-made Cromwell (basically a...
  20. Replies
    Views

After a few weeks, I'm making a few modifications to the tenor conversion. Here is a before and after (I don't have any photos pre-tenor conversion. Whoops!)

Here it is right after conversion:...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: My email got hacked

At first I thought, oh, wow, he follows up 18 months later to see how the armrests are working out! I hadn't had enough coffee. Thankfully, I'd had enough not to click. :)

(The armrest is still...
  22. Replies
    Views

Tiny Moore electric 5-string lesson

This just popped up in my recommendations: fellow Grand Rapidian Hayes Griffin is posting some "Tiny Moore Tuesday" lesson videos of Tiny Moore songs. Here's today's:...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson oval hole

Yes - I thought it was pretty unusual for an A, too. Not sure if they are original, but the price hanger from when it was purchased 2 owners ago lists it as an A model with Handel tuners. They work...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson oval hole

Just a quick update on this, a little over 8 months later: A month ago I bought a mid-1930s Kalamazoo KM-11 flat top, which I thought would be the closest I got for a while to a teens or twenties...
  25. Replies
    Views

I just got mine strung up last night. I got a heck of a deal on it, as the seller listed it as a baritone uke, but it was in pretty rough shape when I got it. Several top cracks, a few cracked braces...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3