Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

It is on my bookmarks bar on my laptop. Everytime I use my laptop, I check the classified.

However, there have been one or two times when I did not check it, and what I was looking for was no...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: New Ruhland F5's?

Got my F. I asked for one a little on the dark side of tone - old growth sitka top - really, really nice. Beautiful workmanship! Wide nut - but yet a very fast neck!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: buying first mando without playing?

My first mando was a Martin that I bought in new condition for $250 - in 1978. Even though I got to play it, I did not know anything about how to play one, so it was all a risk. Some years ago, I...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: NOT an essential service?!

Deliver food to your luthier with the mando! Do it while you are grocery shopping as well. Just a thought!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT2 vs MF-GT?

that is because they are such a good store, they are making sure you are happy when you receive it. (You may have to wait before opening!)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Shout out to Collings

Having had an MT since 2002 to about 2016 - it sounded great at the beginning but there was little need for improvement and I am not sure it did. My Italian Spruce MT2V top has improved over time -...
  7. Replies
    Views

Shout out to Collings

So, I picked up my 2018 Collings MT2-V today -and all I can say is WOW. When I first got it in 2018, I was a little disappointed as it was great for bluegrass but it a little too out there for my...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Is my MAS dead?

I can relate. After years of buying, selling, buying, selling, etc. - I have finally reached a point where any reasonable person would say - I have everything I need.
    There is sort of a sadness in...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden vs Northfield GOM

On GOBM - Mowry and Girouard are excellent! Have not tried the Heiden. I did try a Northfield and I do not think it was as good as the Mowry or Girouard. But it could have been the particular one.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Waterloo Mandolin Released

:) I could build one on my own but it may take 10 years and not as good. Collings manufacturing is superb. Why not support them! (And I have no financial interest in Collings whatsoever - just as...
  11. Replies
    Views

The Mandolin Store

I have had several transactions with The Mandolin Store - and I just want to say that they have the highest integrity of any music store I have dealt with - I just thought I would mention it!

I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about The Mandolin Store

At no extra charge - they forward it to the next level!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Taj Mahal on mandolin?

Saw him in concert in 1970 or possible 1971. Best concert I was ever at. Would love to check out the book.
  14. Eastman Md815 versus MD915 what is the difference?

Anyone know the difference between the 815 and 915 - Eastman?
    THANKS!
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Lets Talk Eastman Line.

I am confused by all this talk about nut width. Many of the Eastman mandos have a 1 3/16 inch wide nut. What the heck is the issue here?
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Lets Talk Eastman Line.

Have a recent purchase - Eastman 515/V varnish - and to me - it is as great as some that cost thousands more. I think their quality control is going up. I was at a store and played some Eastmans...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT Review

I understand. I had an MT years ago and I made a big mistake by selling it. Then I picked up an MT2-O, which I like, but I missed the MT sound. So I bought an MT again, and it is my favorite sound...