Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

It's really great to finally get to see the shop in China! Thank you Adrian for sharing!
    Great instruments being built by real folks who obviously care and are putting real heart and soul into their...
  2. Re: My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Here is a single photo and 5 videos directly from Adrian showing their Qingdao, China Workshop now that you've seen some of the facilities in Marshall, Michigan.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: What is MAS?

I have now got eleven mandolins of which I play one.

A definate case of MAS.

Dave H
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What is MAS?

Yes, can certainly lead to other maladies. Almost always will develop to MAD . . . . Mass Account Depletion
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings mandolin redesign?

I was not involved in the design of Collings mandolins.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Jeff Beck RIP

I learned this last night. I am still, as I was instantly, shocked, stunned, saddened beyond belief to learn this. Damn!

So the Big Three is broken. For years, decades really, there were the top...
  7. Thread: Jeff Beck RIP

by lenf12
    Replies
    Views

+1 here and also dig his work with the Yardbirds and with Rod Stewart who I saw at the 1969 Newport Jazz Festival. Great live show for sure.
    I'm happy he left so much of his legacy for us to enjoy...
  8. Thread: Jeff Beck RIP

by Glassweb
    Replies
    Views

A master of tone and dynamics... one could study his approach for an entire lifetime. His musical legacy will endure...
  9. Thread: Jeff Beck RIP

by jaycat
    Replies
    Views

Great photo. I saw that band open for Big Brother and the Holding Company, at the Alexandria, Va. Roller Rink. We didn't know anything about them and figured the guy singing was Jeff Beck.

About...
  10. Replies
    Views

I was so sorry & surprised to hear the news. He certainly was a great and unique Guitar player.
    I was fortunate enough to hear his band w Stewart & Wood. They were great & were having so much fun. A...
  11. Replies
    Views

He was one of my all-time favorite players. Jeff's Boogie is pretty darn good, too. RIP Jeff Beck.
  12. Thread: Jeff Beck RIP

by NickR
    Replies
    Views

Jeff Beck RIP

I don't know if he played mandolin at all but he sure played the hell out of the electric guitar. He always appeared to be ageless and his contribution as one of the three Surrey boys who put British...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Member Bogle Has Passed Away

Sorry about the loss. The world needs more kindness.
  14. Mandolin Cafe Member Bogle Has Passed Away

It is with great sadness that I let you all know that Mandolin Cafe member, "Bogle", passed away the morning of January 10th, 2023. Bogle was a close friend of mine and truthfully, he was like a...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Effect of humidity on a nice mandolin...

?? Your hotel will have airconditioning, so humidity will probably be too low, not high.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Yellowstone vs Northfield Big Mon

I've owned both, and my Yellowstone is incredible. I had a Northfield MM Engelmann Top that I kick myself once a month for selling. I recently went to Morgan Music and they had an Engelmann Topped...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Yellowstone Experts

That’s a beautiful instrument- congratulations!
    I have a Weber Big Sky and Bruce Weber / Montana Lutherie was able to confirm the date and details about the materials, fittings and finish. He also...
  18. Replies
    Views

Weber Yellowstone Experts

Need some help from you folks.

Just pulled the trigger on my first F4. Weber Yellowstone, apparently built in 2005.

If I did this correctly, a photo of the instrument and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Well MAS has got me bad!!!!

After starting Mandolin, a couple of months ago, I could never get a blacktop Mando out of my head as something I would really love to have. Same with a Pava just. For some reason that just seemed...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: John Lennon - Mandolinist?!?

He picked up so many different instruments in the Get Back series, once they got into the new Apple studio.
    Various guitars, a new lap steel that arrived in a box, another lap steel or dobro.
    The...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: John Lennon - Mandolinist?!?

"Rhythm is everything" - Jaco Pastorius
  22. Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Solution: Playing music instead of buying instruments
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Open Mandolin Cafe, Check classifieds, first then forum.

Adam
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Just about every time I pick up my phone I hit the classifieds. It’s my browser homepage
  25. Replies
    Views

I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Does this seem normal or should I try harder?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4