Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

I concur. Everyone has opinions, however this Cutting Grass Album is good and it'll make new Bluegrass fans. I'm not understanding the dislike here. He sings better than Monroe and McCoury by leaps...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

I really like the Sturgill Cut Grass Album. So much so i ended up getting his album A Sailors View of Earth. Everyone has their opinions, for me it was a nice discovery.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Effect of storage on a mandolin

I didn't play my Ibanez 524 for the 10 years i was in the navy. I was in its case the entire time. when I finally pulled it out the binding had yellowed in spots and i had a crack below the tail...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Fun observation

I agree, my grandkids are starting to ask questions about it. I need to convert them from Brass to strings!
  5. Replies
    Views

Fun observation

A few days ago I pulled my Ibanez 524 out of its case, tuned it and and played it. I haven't played it for a long time since I've been playing my Weber Big Sky these past 18 odd years.

I bought...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Very best Monroe style player

Compton is great, but Butch Waller can't be overlooked. Go to Itunes and download Golden Gate Promenade. Worth your money!
  7. Replies
    Views

Claire Lynch - Wabash Cannonball

I just heard this today and its awesome. Great video too. Mando comes it at about 7:00 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzVF53j3Gg
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Bach album

In the same vein, I've heard the classical violinist David Garrett play fiddle tunes. While a world class violinist, his fiddle tunes were note for note perfect, but lacked any "feel". Its just not...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Vincent Black Lightning 52'

I saw Del perform this once. The band started and stopped. Del had a blank look on his face and says, I've played this song a thousand times and I've forgotten the words! After he regained his...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Good starter Bill Monroe Album

I'd also recommend a non Monroe Cd from Butch Waller called "Golden Gate Promenade". It great Monroe tunes (for the most part), clean and available on iTunes. You won't be disappointed.