Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A-type oval hole mandolin for $500?

Welcome to Mandolin Mecca! Any one of those recommendations is good (not a fan of Washburn though). Sometimes you can find a used Crystal Forest Mandolin in that budget.

I'm close by to you as...
  2. Replies
    Views

Would recommend either the Kentucky models mentioned, or, if you can find one, an Eastman 304. The Eastman gets closer to the old Gibson oval hole vibe. The Kentucky is just a good sounding mandolin....
  3. Replies
    Views

I would say that any of the mandolins here would be a good choice for the OP.
    Those Flatirons have stood the test of time and sound good. Back in the day it was my first "good" mandolin.

I have...
  4. Replies
    Views

Hi neighbor! I'm about 10 miles OTP and just ordered a Kentucky KM-276 from Reverb. It was about $525 once shipping got added in. Transitioning from violin/viola to mandolin and, since I'm not...
  5. Replies
    Views

https://themandolinstore.com/product/kentucky-km272-oval-hole-mandolin/

This is a great one
  6. Replies
    Views

This...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/152133#152133

NFI
  7. Replies
    Views

I always think that a flattop mandolin offers great value and makes a fine beginner/intermediate instrument as well as an even better backup/beater/alternate voice should the player progress. There...
  8. Replies
    Views

Kentucky KM-270, 272, 276. The only difference among the models is the color. I have a 272. It's a good mandolin.
  9. Replies
    Views

My first Tenor

Having managed to avoid tenor guitars for many years, a friend asked me to make one recently. I used the shape from my mid-sized bouzouki body with a 23" scale. Sitka soundboard, Tulip satinwood body...
  10. Learning Bach's Chaconne, soliciting tips

Hey folks. I hope you are all well. I'm hoping to get your feedback on the project that is currently taking up all of my non-working, non-sleeping time: Trying to learn Bach's chaconne from the 2nd...
  11. A reel on my new to me Kala tenor guitar!

Housebound by the relentless rain today so got some recording done - just picked up this wee Kala tenor from a Cafe member local to me the other day, very impressed with it indeed, great wee...