Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Uncle Don Brown's Loar

That was an awesome time for sure!!!! Let’s do it again!!!!
  2. Replies
    Views

Hey guys….. thank you so much. I’m so glad you all like the video.
  3. McClanahan/Don Brown Loar head block/dovetail rebuild, neck reset

Hey everybody! Here's the video of the feb. 18th 1924 Don Brown Loar that I recently performed an extensive repair of rebuilding the head block and the neck dovetail and then resetting the neck.
  4. Replies
    Views

Hey Fretbear, thank you for posting my YouTube video of the Don Brown Loar. I hope you liked it
  5. Re: i don't think i've ever seen a thread here about McClanahan m

Hey everybody…. It’s me! Im sorry I don’t get on here near enough. Anyway, I will be posting a YouTube video on this mandolin restoration very soon so stay tuned
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Builders output?

Hey guys....
    I love the cafe but I hardly ever get on here. I just seen the responses to the initial question of why my number system is so high?

I began my Luthier career at 18 years old doing...
  7. CJ Lewandowski's 1927 Fern repair - Full length video

https://youtu.be/AX_lFSHV0n4
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Makers getting Top Dollar

Hey man! I havnt been on the cafe in over 6 months and I just seen this thread :) Yes, as Karl Hoyt mentioned I have a much larger shop now and I also have 9 pro players playing my mandolins........
  9. Latest McClanahan Trinity model #730 owned by CJ Lewandowski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kiAtJBc4s

Hey everybody! This is Jonathan McClanahan. Here is my latest mandolin,
    Trinity model #730 owned by CJ Lewandowski of the Po' Ramblin' Boys! This...
  10. Wayne Benson sound clips with McClanahan Trinity model F5

Hey everybody! Wayne sent me some sound clips he recorded in his studio for my new website. I tried to upload just the sound clip but I couldn't. If you have any suggestions on how to do that please...
  11. Wayne Benson's McClanahan F5 Trinity model

Hey guys and gals! Jonathan McClanahan here. I just thought I'd show you some pics and a video of the mandolin I recently built for Wayne Benson! Let me know what you think!
    [YOUTUBE[/YOUTUBE]
  12. McClanahan F5 "Trinity" model 2015, Quilted Maple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFaS1WDbi6sHey guys! Jonathan McClanahan here. I thought I'd show you guys my latest new build F5. This is my Trinity model, Quilted Maple, varnish finish, hot glue...
  13. "VIDEO" Jonathan McClanahan revoice of 1951 Gibson F12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_AJ_P35Jc
    Hey guys and gals. Here is a video of me playing and describing the 1951 Gibson F12 that I revoiced. Pics also, enjoy!
  14. Jonathan McClanahan revoicing of a 1950's Gibson F12

Hey guys and gals of Mandolin Café. Many of you wanted me to post the 50's Gibson F12 revoicing that I done after the Fern that I posted on the Café a few months back. I'm sorry it took so long...
  15. Re: Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Mode

Hey Larry, yes I've revoiced F5's and A-5's from that era. They turn out really well.
  16. Re: Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Mode

Hey guys! Thank you for your comments! Open debate is good. I have been in the instrument business a long time and I understand "market value" of musical instruments etc... as good as anyone. BUT, I...
  17. Re: Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Mode

Hey Mickey! Thanks! Steve Autry is a great guy!
  18. Re: Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Mode

Hey Robert, I really don't weigh each mandolin I re-voice because no two mandolins are exactly alike so I approach each mandolin differently. I can tell instantly if a mandolin has too much wood. It...
  19. Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADKblZgFt0Hey guys, Jonathan McClanahan here. I just thought you might like to see my latest mandolin "Revoicing" of this Gibson F-5 Master Model. This mandolin was...
  20. Jonathan McClanahan restoration of Lyon & Healy parlor guitar

Hey guys! I just wanted to show you guys my latest restoration. Check out the You Tube link to listen to it. Steve Smith of Cumberland Acoustics commissioned me to restore his Lyon Healy parlor...
  21. 1926 Gibson F-2 restoration by Jonathan McClanahan. Pics and vide

Hello everyone! This mandolin isn't mine but I restored it for one of my customers. The top had multiple cracks in it and began to cave in. It had a lot of issues but the restoration came out great!...
  22. Replies
    Views

Latest McClanahan McClanahan 2013

Hello Everybody! This is Jonathan McClanahan. Here as my latest mandolin!
    <reference to personal classified deleted by Moderator, as per forum guidlines>