Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Poll: Re: Just starting out -- Should I really learn to "read music"?

Hey all….I did not go back to the beginning of this thread, so I may be repeating myself from years ago.
    I did not really get into music and mandolin until I was nearing retirement from my full...
  2. Thread: Pick Talk

by PhilO
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick Talk

I have tried many flavors of picks over the years, but for me, the BC TAD 3R 50 is the one I always gravitate back to. I will pull out some of the old ones from time to time, but after one fiddle...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: David Surette has passed.

As I hale from North Conway, NH, my first exposure to David was when I saw him ski at Mt. Cranmore, and for the life of me, I could not get him onto my junior high ski team. Time flies, and soon (?)...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: I went and did it!

YOU MUST BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL......This will be of not much help to your original post, but if you let your guard down, this can happen to YOU...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Is playing TABS detrimental to really learning?

This seems to be a good question because it pops up now and then, often parallel to the questions of learning to read standard notation. First of all, I only wish I had the talent of John Flynn's...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Anybody know anything?

My IMMEDIATE answer to your thread title was an affirmative "NO".....this was even before I read it......
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Internet Radio Stations?

Be sure to check out Folk Alley. It is a GRRREAT source for the type of music that MC followers may like, and, IMHO, really deserves public support.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Arthritis pain relief

Well.....gettin' old ain't for the sissy type, either.....
    I was on Meloxican for about 4 months while waiting to have a hip replacement...bone on bone.....and the stuff is also prescribed for my...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber vs. Eastman

Once upon a time, actually, MANY times, I would sit in the Music Villa in Bozeman, Montana, and play ever mandolin they had hanging on the wall, usually arranged from the lowest price Eastmans to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: The Joe K. Walsh Interview

I was most fortunate to have Joe as an instructor at the Ossipee Valley String Camp last summer....GRRRRREAT teacher and what a pleasure to sit with him in class and then hear him perform at night.
  11. Thread: Too old?

by PhilO
    Replies
    Views

Re: Too old?

Hey Brian,
    I did not even hold a mandolin until I was 55, and the biggest problem I have had over the last 10 years is not being able to put it down, and acquiring a very acute case of MAS.....my...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Advice Needed on a First Mandolin Camp

Is the Montana Fiddle Camp held from 2-7 June (for mandolin) in Monarch (about 2 hours above Livingston) too far away?
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Chords wild at heart

Upon first blush, it looks like she is playing left handed, but does it by turning the mandolin upside-down.....hmmmm....that seems to be a little unusual way for a lefty, but then again, I am a...
  14. Thread: Normal????

by PhilO
    Replies
    Views

Re: Normal????

MOD is MUCH cheaper than MAS....

Count yourself to be one of the lucky ones.....
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Another guitar player learning mando NMD :)

I think you will REALLY enjoy your new mandolin, but there might be some new problems arising, if you are anything like me:

1. You will not be able to put the 605 down, except to sleep and eat....