Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What under $1200 used tenors would you look at?

For the money, I still say it can't be beat. I've been really pleased. You should know I'm a basement picker and not a pro of any sort at anything.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this too junky (ebay find lol)

If you're interested in a tenor guitar and don't want to spend a ton, Kala makes a nice one for around $200 if you order direct from the factory. Mine came well set up and sounds nice. It's well...
  3. Re: I registered for a group class and am getting nervous

Good luck! Better to be nervous and in a group than content at home alone. I'm betting this will be a rewarding experience. Funny, I'm about 50 percent Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish, but you'd never...
  4. Re: What under $1200 used tenors would you look at?

I took your advice (ajh) and ordered a Kala tenor and am really pleased. For anyone wanting to experiment with a tenor but not wanting to commit a ton of resources, this is a great option. My setup...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Lyon & Healy Model A on Reverb

This should take you there.

https://reverb.com/item/29667535-washburn-lyon-healy-2218-1920s-2-point-style-mandolin
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Oval Hole Resale

I recently took delivery of a new Girouard oval hole and couldn't be more pleased with its sound. I have no doubt that if I ever wanted to sell it (a doubtful proposition) it would move very quickly.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: western redcedar

Max Girouard is building mandolins with Port Orford Cedar tops. I think he gets his from Bruce Harvie of Orcas Island Tonewoods. I have one of those mandolins (I just got it last week) and it has a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: $3000 limit Weber, Collings, Pava or?

Expand your list and consider an A style Girouard.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Need a beater mandola

Search for a used Big Muddy 'dola. They usually go for a round $250 or $300 and are a high quality instrument with a great sound. Mike is also selling refurbished instruments on his web page, so you...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Who Builds nice basic mando's?

You should also check out Girouard mandolins. You get a lot of mandolin for a very fair price.
  11. Replies
    Views

Girouard Mandolins article

The Concord Monitor in Concord, NH, published a story about Max and Lauri Girouard and their up and coming luthier business in Contoocook. Here's the link for those interested: