Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

Bruce Taggart is located in Nashville in Brown County....so not that far from you......good guy....good builder
  2. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

If it is only causing problems at the 5th fret and on only 2 courses, then I'd suggest that the problem is very likely a high fret at the 6th or 7th position. Check this, as bluepalsky says above,...
  3. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

i would try to c if the frets r level i use a length of flat metal which goes across 3 frets and c if it rocks of coarse it would b shorter as you go down the fret board if 1 rocks there's your prob...
  4. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

It can be fixed. Probably without too much effort.
  5. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

You won't hurt anything raising or lowering the bridge, as it is easily re-adjusted when all the other elements are set properly.
  6. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

This sounds like a simple set up issue. My first thought was the strings are too low in the nut, then I thought of a high fret, or a truss rod too tight. Don't make any changes unless you know what...
  7. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

If you go to the top of this page, look right under the peghead of the "phantom mandolin" and click the word "Builders", it will take you to the builder list on this site. Search Indiana, and that...
  8. Re: Having a mandolin problem, does anyone of help in Indiana?

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. I do though know an outstanding Luthier. His name is Bruce Taggart. He has been building since the mid seventies. I have had him do some set up work for me and...