Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I visited China (Shantou) some years ago. I had a mandolin with me. But, when my business associates found out I played music and was interested in Chinese instruments, they took me to music stores....
  2. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

Eastman typically protects its international dealer network. Best course would be to arrange communication through your local Eastman Dealer or their regional sales representative. Unlikely you could...
  3. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

Moderator - I think that there’s a racist troll in our midst….

Kirk
  4. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

This may be of interest. It’s from another thread on the Cafe.

T4HxyRo9kiQ
  5. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

It'd be very cool if you could take a peek inside the factory, although I don't know if they'd let you do that.
  6. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

And ask them to please, please improve their machine heads. I've just bought a Mdo305 Octave, and it's a lovely instrument, but the machine heads are awful. I need two hands on one of the tuners, and...
  7. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

Definitely keep us posted on your travels!
    I've been to China twice - such an amazing place to visit. And I was scheduled to go again in June of 2020, you can guess what happened...
    I'll likely go...
  8. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

You could try contacting Doug Martin (https://www.dougmartinguitar.com/) who I believe works with Eastman and is based in Beijing.
  9. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I’m interested to know if they make that option available (purchase at the factory); and would also be very interested to hear how well they are set up, if so. I’ve sampled some Eastmans that were...
  10. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

A tour of the Eastman shop would be awesome. I would totally do that if I were in the area.
  11. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I’d be surprised if you could actually purchase one there. It certainly would be interesting to tour the factory
  12. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

When you get to the Eastman factory, please implore them to make WIDER NECKS!

Then buy a mandolin.
  13. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I think Quint mandolins are made in China? You might get a better "bang for your buck" with him since he is a one man shop (I think?) and might make a deal, as well as an interesting experience. If...
  14. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

That sounds fabulously interesting! Here's Eastman's "contact us" page: https://www.eastmanguitars.com/contact

D.H.
  15. Re: Should I visit Eastman factory and buy a mando in China?

I have no idea of the answers to your questions but I totally bless this adventure! Send them an email? They probably won't be able to sell you anything there.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin to ubass?

You might want to listen to this. It has it's drawbacks which are apparent in the video. I have this set up to play with at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUZfghRRQo
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about Weymann Mandolute bridge

Here is a 1913 ad from The Cadenza magazine for the Weymann mandolute

18. Re: Question about Weymann Mandolute bridge

The idea is correct, but the implementation looks a bit extreme in the case of your Weymann. Here's a #35 I restored recently. I ended up with action .050" above the 12th fret on the G course and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about Weymann Mandolute bridge

I have done this on my solid/non-adjustable bridges. The bass is higher to eliminate any possibility of buzz, while the treble side is lower for ease of playing/speed. The first photo...