Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Is this worth buying? Breedlove Cascade

Here is a link to a Cascade for sale here at the Cafe' Classifieds. Looks similar in finish.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/115370#115370
  2. Re: Is this worth buying? Breedlove Cascade

Appears they started that system 209 mandolins into 1999. Before that in was a Year-Number. XX-XXX. So they never used a 3 digit system. Interesting.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this worth buying? Breedlove Cascade

Here's a page on Breedlove serial number systems. It says nothing about three-digit, non-labeled serial number markings, which makes me wonder about the way this one's marked.

You've obviously...
  4. Replies
    Views

You might want to let your husband play it first, rather than surprise him. You say he took 3 years to pick out his first mandolin, so he may have something in mind that he is looking for. ...
  5. Re: Is this worth buying? Breedlove Cascade

I have to second what Ed just wrote. In the very dark photo the Tailpiece appears to be flush. In the other photo, it could just be a reflection issue. Out side of that, it is, as Ed wrote, one of...
  6. Replies
    Views

In one photo that shows the tailpiece from the side, it seems to be not screwed in flush - that would be in the "doweled" area. Or it's just hokey reflections - I can't get the photo to both...
  7. Re: Is this worth buying? Breedlove Cascade

All good questions. As for the finish, it looks like the red toner finish they used on my Breedlove Legacy OF. I don't know about the hand numbered serial number, unless at some point the label fell...
  8. Replies
    Views

That looks like the real deal to me. Breedlove mandolins are often preferred by guitar players due to a slightly larger neck profile and fingerboard. That is a good price on that model as well.
    It...