Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Attic Find

12 strings! What is the scale length (from nut to bridge)?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Useful Tip For Changing Strings

Thanks for the tip. I’m a slow learner too.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Killing my mandolins sound...

I'm just recovering from a severely pulled muscle in my left side. For a few days i was wandering around in my PJ's & dressing gown,even when practicing. I can tell you one thing for certain,the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Well since this conversation wondered if to a tone guard, let me bring it back.

My km250 would do that when I got it, I don't think it was played much before me, I bought it used. The more I...
  5. Replies
    Views

I agree, it seems mostly I get the same sound as I don't hold it against my body anyway. I still have a couple should I have the need to use them. Sitting down when I play makes it easy to hold it...
  6. Replies
    Views

Love my tonegard
  7. Replies
    Views

I find if a mandolin sounds great to you by use of a tone guard, keep using it because if it helps get the sound out and you like it better even though it doesn't matter to listeners you'll be a...
  8. Replies
    Views

I have used a toneguard for several years, these days I am not. I am thinking it makes it sound better to the player, but has much less effect for the listener.
  9. Replies
    Views

Don't let Mike Marshall catch you slouching, but a toneguard should work wonders. You will have your ears further back too. Sitting up straight should have you more over than behind.

I play more...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hi Mike,
    There is good evidence that compressing the mandolin back with your body does dampen the sound. Check out the threads on Tonegards... Many mandolin gunslingers like John Reischman and...
  11. Replies
    Views

Wagon Wheel Lesson

This tune came in as a special request on my channel and I thought it might help somebody on here! Let me know what you think :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QLh0jPrWk