Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Tenor Lute

by PT66
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Lute

I will be starting my tenor lute build in a week or two. I will start a new thread for the build. I plan to post here on “Tenor Guitar” rather than the build tab. (I seems heavy into F-5...
  2. Lark in Ennis - Marla Fibish teaching there

Just heard about this week long event happening down in Ennis from May 20-24th, some great instructors lined up, including Marla Fibish for mandolin and Angelina Carberry for tenor banjo. The...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

https://i.imgur.com/rqUZORJ.jpeg https://i.imgur.com/IELQ2Dy.jpeg
  4. Replies
    Views

My engraving process

Hi everyone,

It looks like I joined back in 2016 but never posted.

I recently discovered the baroque mandolino and it’s fascinating music, so I have been lurking around here recently. I don’t...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Fletcher tenor guitars?

I bought a second hand Fletcher Tenortone from a cafe member here about 12 years ago. I'd been wanting one for ages as I'd read about them here on a cafe thread and then had gotten the chance to meet...
  6. Replies
    Views

Yes they are probably tenor banjo players like the talented Dick Glasgow

https://youtu.be/zhKwkKr7Kxw?si=nUpLoG1HI815Wh42
  7. Replies
    Views

Only my personal opinion but I think a 23” inch scale is more suitable for GDAE and 21” scale is just perfect for CGDA.
  8. Replies
    Views

You get two for one in this video

https://youtu.be/aSDTqPu9gUU?si=zKOOD3YyqPLMnrc0
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Metsäkukkia - Finnish waltz

It's a staple in our Finnish-American band. Also one of the tunes my wife usually sings.

We like it in A minor for the vocal versions. Some accordion players prefer it in G minor.

Here's my...
  10. Replies
    Views

Metsäkukkia - Finnish waltz

This is a popular Finnish waltz composed in 1931 by Viljo Vesterinen.
  11. Kala Solid Mahogany Top Tobacco Burst Tenor Guitar

Kala is now offering a Solid Mahogany Top Tobacco Burst Tenor Guitar - $279.

Specs:
    TOP: Solid Mahogany
    BACK & SIDES: Mahogany
    BINDING: Cream
    NECK: Mahogany...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Carolina Quartet & Persimmon fittings

I've shown this around a lot of places, but I don't think it has been posted here.

This is my giant ball vise for carving arched plates. It has several different fittings so I use it for...
  13. Replies
    Views

As a side note, I always save all of the offcuts until the build is finished; you never know what is waiting to destroy all the hard work. Torrified spruce vs hungry router bit: a bit of creative...
  14. Replies
    Views

Back to a bit of mandolin nerdiness. Here are a few in progress photos of the F5, uncleaned burn marks and all. It is one of my internal open scroll models. I did a big workshop at the Guild of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave mandolin tuning

Okay tenor guitar people. Here is a one to think about. I just restrung my KayKraft style tenor to octave mandolin tuning. It sounded muffled and kind of just not responsive. I was about to go back...
  16. Replies
    Views

'Been a busy year and we have not made any recent updates. The L5 is finished. Here is a quick look at the fanned fret fingerboard for the baritone guitar. I'll get more photos of the F5 up this...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Need suppliers in Europe

Lost in Croatia asked: "I think that I will use mahogany for the neck and maple for the fingerboard. What think you?" Mahogany is a good choice for neck as is maple for fingerboards. I was lucky...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Need suppliers in Europe

Much like you I slot by hand - but I don't mark out: I tape/glue a printed paper template to the board, then place the board in a home made mitre box so the saw doesn't wander as I'm cutting. Then...
  19. Thread: Tenor harp guitar

by PT66
    Replies
    Views

Tenor harp guitar

Tenor harp guitar in progress. American white sycamore back and sides. Spruce top. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
  20. Replies
    Views

Easy 6 string to Tenor conversion

My daughter had an Oscar Schmidt OG-1 guitar from when she started playing. Very cheap guitar but always sounded good. This guitar has a scale length of 23 inches and a 1.5 inch nut. She has moved on...
  21. Replies
    Views

Nick Smith, Ludo Guitars

I haven't posted on here for a few years... Long-term depression got in the way, coupled with a Covid related heart attack 18 months ago... just the usual stuff that happens in life... no sympathy...
  22. Replies
    Views

Tom Kimber Model tenor guitar

https://www.nkforsterguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/P1120397.jpeg

If you’ve watched my tenor guitar videos you will be familiar with English musician Tom Kimber. Tom and I came up with a...
  23. Replies
    Views

More tenors leaving the workshop

There should be a few of these heading out to their new owners before the year ends.

Here is the first - A Session King with numerous upgrades which will be heading out to Canada.
  24. Replies
    Views

Ha! Have you ever known me to make copies of the same old same old baby $#!t brown 10,000,000 already done instruments? ;)

The North Carolina Arts council is very encouraging of individual...
  25. Replies
    Views

Persimmon binding on the L5:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4