Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Why Mandolin?

After surviving a traumatic brain injury I needed therapy for memory and thought that a new hobby would be the key. Saw a friends friend playing a mandolin, talked with him, he gave me a couple a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Minneapolis March

From Minnesota Mandolin Orchestra https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iiSixDXuj40&feature=youtu.be
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Forgive me....for I have sinned.....

at least you didn't place a capo on the mandolin
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Tony Glover

Living in the Twin Cities, I heard Koerner Ray & Glover many times. In the early 90's Tony (and I) dumped many of their gig's from horrible old reel to reel tapes onto better reel to reel tapes in...
  5. Re: Why did you choose the mandolin over another instrument?

For me it was all about what I have the ability to use without using 4 finger chords. After surviving a traumatic brain injury, music therapy is the key to my ongoing recovery. Playing a mandolin...
  6. Re: The Top 50 American Rock Bands of All Time acording to Gibson

No The Band, no Dead, no Jefferson Airplane, and more then I can mention... That list is not even close to the Top 10.
  7. Re: Hangin' Dog by Nancy and Norman Blake - Work In Progress

Sorry but I can't find Hangin' Dog in the Learn/Listen... can you provide the link?

sorry, just found it. thanks.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Music vs. Dementia

I don't have dementia, but I survived a traumatic brain injury and short-term memory was a joke. Took many years to remember what I did 10 minutes ago or yesterday. Then a few years ago saw a couple...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: At what point do I admit I'm a mandolinist?

I call myself a mandolinist because I believe in myself.
  10. Thread: Loar 370

by Richard J
    Replies
    Views

Re: Loar 370

I believe the top is solid but back & sides are laminate instead of solid...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Women with Mandolins

What a great present, way to go Dad.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: The Loar LM 590

I bought mine last November and I love it. I am thinking about replacing the factory installed bridge with a Cumberland bridge, but I don't think I really have too. I bought it because it doesn't...
  13. Replies
    Views

Playing Player

Just me playing my Loar LM-590 mandolin which I named Player. Bought her/him (gender unknown) 5 months ago, beautiful to look at & beautiful to listen too.

14. Re: My wife doesn't believe there is such as thing as MAS

Yeah, I have named it Bliss.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko

Don't have that one, but since you said "any" of his songs, here's Heart of the Heartland. 130826
  16. Replies
    Views

My Loar LM-590 mandolin

I love playing this mandolin so much, and so happy I brought it, I think it needs a name... Player comes to mind.
  17. Re: Advice on the best "f" style mandolin for a beginner

I bought myself a Loar-LM590 last November. With a setup & a hard case it came to just over $800. In my humble opinion, it is perfect. Why? The main thing is it doesn't have the extended fretboard....
  18. Re: whats considered one of the better mandolin kits(A style) to

check out this one, from MusicMakers (Stillwater, MN.) http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: The Beatles for the mandolin

There's also The Beatles for Mandolins book, it's great. Has standard notations & tabs. I bought that book before I bought my mandolin.
  20. Replies
    Views

My Loar LM-590 is in the house

Morning everyone. In September I ordered a The LM-590 mandolin to see/play and hopefully to buy. Because of unforeseen circumstances, it finally arrived at the Homestead Pickin’ Parlor (Richfield,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Absolute beginner looking for advice

Take classes from a good mandolinist, not just a guitarist who can also play a mandolin. Then practice, practice, practice and practice again.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins and Beer!

My favorite??? Summit Horizon Red IPA or the ever tasty Summit Extra Pale Ale. Just make sure you don't drip on your mandolin.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: How much practice do you put in daily?

I practice at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours each day. To me it's heaven. Starting playing a mandolin as self-help therapy for short-term memory after my TBI, and it's more then I could have asked for. First...
  24. Re: Where to move to in US? (Yes, there's mandolin content!)

Minneapolis Minnesota
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Weber Bighorn

I am so jealous.
Page 1 of 2 1 2