Search:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: A visit to Blackheath New South Wales Australia & Pagan Mando

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter (also during his World Tour) at Marty Jacobson's shop. I was really impressed with the Pagan myself. Loved having a chance to play a new instrument from a talented...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Likin' that a lot, Tommy! (Am I gonna get to pick it?)
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Lookin' Great!
  4. Deal of the year in the MC Classifieds?

NFI on my part.Don't know the seller. Really wish I was in position to grab this one! Somebody has a chance to be very happy. Leap on this one!
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/87937
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bridges?

Yes? Big believer in the CA bridge. Steve's workmanship is impeccable, the ebony is first-rate, and they are built to very tight tolerances.It'll make a very positive impact on tone and volume. I...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: ...and I am still in the hunt!!!

+1 on this! Love my JB. Jeff Cowherd is killin' it
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: String journey on a Collings MT

I decided to pass on the DR's. This thing has developed a really sweet sound that I love, and from what I've read, the MD11's aren't geared for that type of sound. Still loving the Silk 'n' Bronze,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Best strings for my new Eastman 305

I'll be back home Tuesday, should go out Wednesday.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Best strings for my new Eastman 305

I'll match Alan's offer with a set of DR MD11's. May as well experiment!
  10. Re: back.... again... with thanks and apologies

Cee Cee, Great to see ya back on the Cafe, and anxious to see how your building pursuit goes! Very happy to hear you're beginning to see some light again. There are a lot of great folks around here,...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Wanted: Silver Angel Info

I think it finally hit me how I'd describe the characteristic SA tone. IMHO, it's a slightly "Darker" sound than what wold be considered standard for an F hole instrument. Really appeals to me.Very...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Wet mandolin

Hope ya weren't looking for a "drier" tone!
  13. Replies
    Views

For $1300, somebody needs to leap on this! A SA 2 point at that price is a deal and a half. (Wonder how much I could get for my first-born?)
  14. Replies
    Views

I've only played one, belonging to David Mold (Old Sausage). LOVED IT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=oNovt-Re6hMKen's mandos are one of the most original builds going. Very recognizable tone,...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Oh, the horror!

Or if it falls off the bridge and misses the canoes?
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New MT2 in the House!

That's a beauty! Congrats. I've never heard anything but good about Collings instruments. I predict much joy!
  17. Re: Chris Thile and Claire Coffee having a baby!

Beats another Blue Chip thread, for my money. Congrats to the happy parental yoonits!
  18. Re: Video: Joe Walsh and Courtney Hartman do Bluegrass Stomp

I'm listening to J. Walsh more than pretty much anybody lately. Love his style, LOVE that Gil, and he just seems to play a groove better than anybody else on mando these days. Thanks for posting that.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Cumberland Acoustic Bridge

Thanks for the hard work and kind words, Tom!Still playin' the frets off, and still evident is everything we heard Sunday. Very balanced, solid tone (and it was good before). PLENTY 'o' volume! I'm...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: String journey on a Collings MT

Well, finally got the CA bridge installed, along with the Silk 'n' Bronze strings.Gonna give it a week or so to see how they settle in before I give a definitive review, but so far, this combo has...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Classifieds and Forum Topics...

To call David an "Interesting Personality" is to damn with faint praise. One of the really good folks yo'll ever rn into.
  22. Re: Cumberland Mandolin Bridge Verses Siminoff Mandolin Bridge

Greatest Norm line ever!
    How's it goin' Mr. Peterson?
    It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearin' MilkBone underwear!
    +1 On the CA bridge, BTW. I've got one sitting here, got to get it to my Luthier...
  23. Replies
    Views

Revival Trailer

I cannot wait to see this. Sam has a special place in my heart for his constant inventiveness and willingness to experiment.Probably the single biggest influence on my deciding to tackle mandolin....
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: thank you, Marty

Add to that the fact that the man owns a Corvair Monza! Truly a Reinesan......Renisa....... Rinesanc....Aw, A Really Cool Guy!
  25. Re: On my way from PA to Atlanta - picks left at home

That's me, Nick, O.M.G (Original Mandolin Gangsta)
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4