Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

My wife thinks I'm silly for saying please and thank you to Alexa and Siri, but when the time comes, they will remember...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

If it were me... I would also include a thank you for letting you sit in with the team - you thought it went really well, did he have a chance to hear you play, his impressions, etc? I would also...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

It sounds like your instrument is being stereotyped. I started playing a lot of BG and gospel both in church and at jams, and lately have been on a quest to find other genres (folk, Americana,...
  4. Re: Northfield Bourgeois Eastman 815-V Head to Head

I've owned an 815v and now own a Northfield. The Eastman was a good instrument - loud with a strong bark and a sweet spot in the mid range. More sustain than expected for an f-model. The...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Dexter w/ Godin A8 anyone?

A Tonedexter already matches impedance, so there would be no need to chain it with a RedEye. Newer RedEyes, btw, will handle magnetic as well as piezo pickups.
    I've wondered the same about...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Dexter w/ Godin A8 anyone?

I'm not sure it makes sense to use a Tonedexter in this case. The TD is intended to record the mandolin's sound through a mic and recreate that sound when playing direct through an amplified system....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Hanukkah!

It's been on my bucket list for years to visit Israel and we actually had the trip scheduled for the end of November. Obviously that didn't happen...but it will eventually, so keep the light on for...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmas Wish List

I bought myself a James tailpiece from the Northfield Black Friday sale. It arrived yesterday and it was a quick install. Changing strings is now much easier, and it looks sharp!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What kind of hat do I need?

All old guys wear hats.210629
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway on ACL

Molly's vocals have really matured with more range and inflection. It's a really good sound.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: String set with best treble response

This may seem obvious, but what did everyone else think? Bass tones tend to be more omni-directional whereas the higher tones project out, so as a player, we don't hear/sense the same frequency...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing at outside wedding

I'd still use the wedding as an excuse for getting a Tonegard. Tell your wife you have a coupon.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Surgery for arthritis...

I'm not sure how applicable this is to your situation but I'll throw it in for the good of the order. My issue was psoriatic arthritis in my shoulders. Pain was a 10 out of 10, and I'm very active,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Deoderant

Is there an extra strength Mando Cello on the horizon?
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Your advice for playing a concert

I recommend going in with a general plan (set list), but be flexible and engage your audience. I routinely get hired by a singer/guitarist who is voted "Central PA's Best." For most of his shows,...
  16. Re: Northfield post on social media and their email newsletter

Nah, they bought Gibson and now they're making 8 string Les Pauls.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo position

Interesting that Andrew Marlin is mentioned. I've tried that tremelo style and I don't know how he does it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman or Northfield Opinions

After an evening of playing both side by side, I'm giving a thumbs up to the Northfield.

Workmanship and finish on the Northfield is clearly better, although the Eastman is intentionally...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman or Northfield Opinions

Thanks to everyone for your insight. I pulled the trigger on a Northfield today. If anyone is looking for an 815v, I'll have it posted in a few weeks.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Performing in a sport coat

I've been getting hired by a popular singer/guitarist in our region for several gigs, and before every job he emails me dress code instructions. We played one VFW where only the musicians were...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Physics and not-banjos

One short pluck on a banjo and people thousands of miles away cover their ears.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: What's up with Ukes?

This is the video that started it all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSq1cez_flQ
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 305 & 315 blemished

'got to agree. I had a 305 for two years that I sold locally and got every penny I put into it. I have an 815v for two years and the value, according to classifieds, has increased by $600....
  24. Re: Tweaking electronics for string age, either way

For brighter strings it is usually a matter of taking a bit off of the EQ to compensate. I did have one mandolin where I was able to put a piece of 3M tape just inside the lower F-hole to dampen...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Any experience with Mapes strings?

Agreed. I've used them in the past. Good strings, good prices, fast shipping.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4