Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gig Bag for Austin Clark OM's

I think Reunion Blues, Mono, Gator Icon, etc are really a different animal than a gig bag. Great drop protection. Maybe a little less crush protection. I've carried some good gear in a Reunion...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: How to de-skunk a mando?

Your humor does not go unnoticed pops.....

I guess the same method would hold true with the sodium bicarbonate?
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Who sells a Flat-top Guitar-body Octave?

Russ, that one looks beautiful, if only I could afford it
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick Up in the Gold Tone OM-800

I think the Gold Tone would get the job done fine in that setting. I still have a Hora bouzouki, I tune it in the Greek manner though. I use it as an interesting alternative to the typical lead...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin Thoughts / Questions.

I haven’t played one so take my opinion eith a grain of salt. I’ve talked with two Fylde owners (one OM and one cittern) and both expressed full satisfaction with them. They’re U.K.-built and not...
  6. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Leaving aside the virtues of that particular instrument and maker - thriving or even, just-getting-by hand builders are not cranking out $2k A-5s and staying in business. That's the basic answer to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Daley Mandolins are Back?

$10,000 / $14,000 US - That's around £7,900 & £11,000 UK. Those prices are top of the range prices over here. A new Ellis F5 costs around £9,695. I wouldn't expect a huge demand for an £11,000...