Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Tony Rice

Facebook from Ricky Skaggs.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Wish you a happy new 2020 with my new #788.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRQNL_AEdPE&feature=youtu.be
  3. Replies
    Views

Aaron Smith - cool, my band does that tune on occasion, I always say - if you need an example of pure American Bluegrass tune, Road to Columbus is as good as anything else!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Your MAS Progression

I am almost certain I’m forgetting a few. I’m feeling ptsd coming on just typing this list...
    1. Washburn A style
    2. German un-named two point
    3. Gibson F-9 prototype
    4. Collings Mt2
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Your MAS Progression

I'm ashamed to say that after I declared my MAS cured, i got the itch for an old Gibson A 4, the red ones, and got one. Now I was done...............except a 1920 Gibson F 4 came available from a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Nice job on that tune, Aaron. That Northfield sounds good too...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: what strings do you recommend for a rigel mando ?

I only got a few minutes with my new to me CT 110 over lunch today, but the EJ 74s sound pretty darn good on it. I may try some monels or flat wounds later, but these are new so will stick with them...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: I-Tone Picks

I had the same experience with the onyx. Plus too much pick click. I sold it after a few days.
  9. Re: String height on a mando with fingerboard extension?

It has a tiny amount of neck relief-looks good to me - almost but not quite flat. I havnt changed anything since i got it_I think I will try as Pops1 suggest. Otherwise really happy with the Mando.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Opinions On The Gibson F5G

The F5-G's and F-5L's are living proof you don't "need" a Red Spruce top to make a top-notch bluegrass machine....
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Wegen TF140 without speed holes

Only the best players can appreciate it, but speed holes cut down on air resistance as your picking hand moves with blazing speed up and down through the strings. They also let more sound waves...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Truss Rod Wrench Won't Fit Hole

That's one of my pet peeves!
    An instrument needs a simple truss rod adjustment to improve it's playability, I take the cover off and I can't get a wrench on the nut...

(It's an oversight by the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Fitting a mandolin bridge to the top

We can get "chalk" from art stores in the form of "pastels". Very soft, no grease to make it "dustless", kind of expensive, though. I use it for fitting lots of things, including tone bars, but not...