Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Speakers/Monitors (no mando content)

I can't remember all the brand names but I'll try to tell you what we use.

First, we use a Sound Town rack/road case. We modified to include an light and two power strips inside. On top is a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What Preamp Do You Prefer

Yep that will work just fine.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Sight Reading Factory

Hey Tighthead, yeah I should've mentioned that. You have to use violin as it doesn't have have one specifically for mandolin. That actually reminds me of another cool thing about it. You can adjust...
  4. Thread: Pro Plec 1.5

by DougC
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pro Plec 1.5

Has anyone tried the free picks from JustStrings.com ? They came with some light strings for my guitar.

They are a little more slippery than the Dunlop's, and have a nicer sound than my GHS pick....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Pro Plec 1.5

I'm actually using a ProPlec now with the Eastman, and letting the Apollo (Mike Marshall) take a rest while really getting used to it again. (Primarily because I may not pack the MM it to the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Picking Fiddle Tunes?

Well certainly there are no fiddle tunes that can't be played on a fiddle.
  7. Replies
    Views

That's an oversimplification. Are you sure that some "fiddle tunes" weren't composed on harmonica, banjo, tin whistle, guitar, or mandolin? Some seem to come from folk songs, perhaps originally...
  8. Replies
    Views

Gonna slide off topic a bit...I just discovered this recording of "Peach Picking In Georgia" by Riley Puckett that I had never heard before. It has some really nice mandolin playing throughout....
  9. Re: Thoughts on an Eastman MD-515 Mandolin as a first scroll

[QUOTE=adam e;1867287]I recently got a varnish 515 and it's really quite good. It probably actually sounds better than my Northfield Big Mon

I upgraded to a 515 from a The Loar, then immediately...
  10. Re: Thoughts on an Eastman MD-515 Mandolin as a first scroll

I had a similar experience. I bought a used-almost-new 515V, and sound-wise it is right up there with my Collings MT. I have posted comparison sound clips here before.