Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Good work. You have, however, included many tunes by known composers whos work should be acknowledged at the very least.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Bouzouki at Shopgoodwill

Note that despite the 4 on a plate tuners, this is a trichordo bouzouki - three courses usually tuned D3D4–A3A3–D4D4.
  3. Re: Sharing my incredible thrift store find with you fine folk

Answering my own question. A Vega mandola/ mandolin hybrid originally I think. Looks like the nut has been modified at some point. Nice instrument at an amazing price. Worth a little investment I...
  4. Re: Sharing my incredible thrift store find with you fine folk

10 strings! Any ideas as to what this might be? Photo of the nut seems to suggests 3 x first and second courses, 2 x third and fourth.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: My Grandfather's Mandolin

The floating (?) "Miro pickguard" seems to be a latter addition. The two pins presumably locate in holes drilled in the fingerboard. Curious as to the function of the metal bracket near the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Clifford Essex status?

Unfortunately, Clem Vickery passed away in February. I don't know if his family intend to continue the business.
  7. Thread: Fossil pick

by mdowlin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fossil pick

Keith Richards' first plectrum...?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Para DI fix/help quack?

Any effect pedal with an input impedance of 1Meg Ohms will act as a buffer. You don't need to engage the "effect" just need to power up the pedal.

As far as further tone shaping goes-I note that...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Unique Ball End to Loop End conversion

As observed by dhergert above, the played strings appear to be loop ended. It seems to me that this installation is a solution to fitting loop strings which were otherwise too short.
    An ingenious...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about tuning

Hi Scott
    If tuning the Tenor banjo to GDAE then that should be one octave below
    the pitch for mandolin using strings of appropriate gauge. As stated above , the banjo's longer scale length will...