Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: I have an old

The last two digits of my serial numbers signify the year while the first three relate to the number of the instrument.
    So your mandolin is the 46th mandolin I have built and it was completed in...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: playing late and drinking

I always tell people my "art" is performed in beer joints, NOT museums....

I could brag and say night clubs, but to be honest, mostly beer joints....
  3. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

Hi guys,

I’m keeping it. I’m working it out with the vendor and it will end up being a pretty sweet deal.

Just so you know, after they contacted me earlier in the week, they said that their...
  4. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

This is the cutting edge of sales these days. When someone orders something you send them the more expensive item “by mistake”.
  5. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

My brother Leo just got a Silverangel recently, so yes, Ken’s still building mandolins!
  6. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Ryan was the head of the Weber division at Two Old Hippies, he was putting out what I believe were the best Weber mandolins since Bruce left. When Covid hit, Two Old Hippies moved their mandolin...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Ryan Fish had built the Weber mandolins under the Bedell/Two Old Hippies ownership. I would expect some continuity.
  8. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

I just spoke with Ryan Fish yesterday to get an update on the new Weber mandolins. He said the tooling for the necks and neck joints took longer than expected. He's gotten that all figured out, and...
  9. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Call Bruce 888-886-7598

I'd sell you my Fern except I couldn't live without it!

Billy
  10. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

The Mandolin Store's website (www.themandolinstore.com) shows Weber Mandolins due in June. Weber is now being run by Cafe member Ryan Fish.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

You can message Ken (Silverangel) via pm through this site. Weber the company as noted above. Bruce Weber himself is still building and doing repair work as Montana Lutherie which has a web site....
  12. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Weber info. Best case scenario I think.
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/878-New-Owners-of-Weber-Mandolins-Announced
  13. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Ken is still making Silverangles, here is a new one in the classifieds...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/203983#203983

Here is the last update from Weber almost a year ago...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Eastman won't stay in tune - bad pegs?

After playing mandolin for over fifty years. I check the tuning every time I pick it up. The great Jethro Burns said "I spend half of the time tuning my mandolin and the other half playing it out of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Chord Questions

People have mentioned that a triad (three note chord) has three inversions. To be completely pedantic, triads can be in root position and TWO inversions. "Root position" isn't an inversion.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Strumming like guitar?

Here is a great example of mandolin strumming by a modern master.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pw26nmGgG8
    Not Bluegrass by any means but definitely mandolin centric.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Strumming like guitar?

Sound like a plan. Sounds like a mighty fine plan. :mandosmiley: When I was just starting out - 53 years ago - I had no clue whatsoever. Took quite a while and a roundabout route to even figure out...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Chord Questions

You’re right, it indicates the bass note. Very handy for guitar players with moving bass lines.