Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Ellis A5 special deluxe - Brentrup M23V - Gibson F2

Hi picking fellows,
    here is a vid I put together to showcase the sound of three mandolins I own. This is not intended to be a comparison vid, but I would love to know what you hear. I really like...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen Tone

Russ Carson on clawhammer banjo with Nate Burie on his custom Sorensen Pacifica, "Lucy" --

3. Pickin' Salt Creek with Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen

I had a chance to sit in for a tune with these guys at the Station Inn - what an amazing band!959_AYNS_7A
  4. Anybody the owner of this Ellis from Fiddler's Green?

This thing is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwYthXLBmPQ
  5. Replies
    Views

Red Henry demonstrating Monroe Style Manlin'

Red Henry (of The Murphy Method family of Murphy Henry) posted this a few weeks ago on his Facebook page.

Red gives a very good demonstration of Monroe Style Mandolin by playing "Whiskey Before...
  6. Replies
    Views

A9 Chord

This chord can go to hell, thank you that is all:grin:
  7. Replies
    Views

JD Crowe & New South 1975: Ricky Skaggs Loar

Cafe denizens!

Someone posted the full public television special/in-studio show from 1975 in Kentucky that features JD Crowe & The New South. Lots of mando content featuring Ricky's newly acquired...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: 23 Loar in the Classifieds

Back crack, front crack, and the crack they were smoking when they priced it.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin treacher question...

Look at the left hand videos I made here

http://www.petimarpress.com/mandolin%20basics%20videos.html

These are ergonomic techniques taught me by a Performing Arts Medical Assn doc when I was...
  10. Replies
    Views

Mike Compton Interview

I just finished putting together the lastest Mel Bay interview. It should go on their website next Wednesday. I thought the cafe folks would like to see it 'cause it's Mike Compton. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

VIDEO: The Del McCoury Band - Misty

Here is The Del McCoury Band performing Misty for the WAMU's Bluegrass Country YouTube channel.

That's Del McCoury on guitar, Alan Bartram on bass, Jason Carter on fiddle, Rob McCoury on banjo,...
  12. One for Weber afficionados & a great tune as well !

I was looking through YouTube yesterday,trying to find any clips of one of my favourite banjo pickers,Joe Mullins,& came across this tune - "Cruisin Timber" played by Joe & his band & accompanied by...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Norman Blake

Check him out on the Johnny Cash show in 1970 - skip to "Mamma don't allow" about 3 mins before the end:

_YHuiNPtiX8
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap

A note to let those that have inquired or are wondering know, our order is on its way. Anticipating arrival some time Wednesday. We want to inspect the lot before making them available. So far the...
  15. Replies
    Views

TONE!- Byron Berline

Had to share this, as Byron Berline gives a short masterclass on TONE and absolutely rips it up! Looks like a Monteleone mandolin too, but tough to tell.

16. Replies
    Views

Re: Value of Ricky Skaggs Signed Mandolin

People answered your question, they just did not do it explicitly. They poked fun a little bit. Nobody said anything bad about Skaggs, just that his signature on your mandolin did not increase its...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: I made my mandolin sound better!

I bought a brand new mandolin as my first.... It is amazing how, after playing it three hours per day for a year, how much better it sounded than it did when I didn't know how to play it...

Will...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: custom chord finder

See, Relio, my experience is different. I actually did that learn-all-that-theory-and-then-play-the-instrument, and I never developed an instinct for the instrument, or the music. I think this...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas
    4-QfxvNmn_s
  20. VIDEO: Tim O'Brien & Darrell Scott - Memories And Moments

Here are Tim O'Brien & Darrell Scott performing Memories And Moments for the WAMU's Bluegrass Country YouTube channel.

That's Tim on fiddle and Darrell on mandolin.

0Qm17r2ge_4