Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A case humidifier question

Just refilled all my oasis humidifiers. Three scoops.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about Collings mandolins

With all due respect, I would not consider the upper line "The Loar" mandolins to be in the same class as a Collings instrument.

I know two fellows who worked for Collings. I don't know if...
  3. Replies
    Views

Setup, Setup, Setup!

Early last year I acquired two mandolins, a Collings MT, brand new from TME, and a lightly used black topped MTO from a Cafe member. Both have 1 3/16” nuts. They are dimensionally identical, but...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando flatiron buying advice.

While true for the Bozeman years, that convention changed in Nashville and was replaced by using the last and first digit of the serial number. So to use your 91052 as a (nonsensical) example, it...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: On-line guitar lesson suggestions

I love Banjo Ben for bluegrass mando, banjo and guitar and membership gives you access to all three. He's an excellent instructor and the videos and supporting material, play along etc and very well...
  6. Replies
    Views

Justin is very good, another is Banjo Ben.
  7. Replies
    Views

justinguitar.com

Tons of info and super easy to navigate.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Higher Education for Mandolin

UPDATE:
    Thank you to all who replied to this thread. I was not aware of the CMSA or the legacy of Alison Stephens. I am very excited to be able to say that Chapman University's guitar program has...
  9. A tuner shootout: TC Electronic Unitune vs. Peterson StroboClip

A tuner shootout: TC Electronic Unitune vs. Peterson StroboClip HD

While tuning today I thought of the tuners thread going on in this same forum. It inspired me to do a little head-to-head between...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Armrest

Thanks for the support. I have the best customers. I’ve been at this about 15 years.
  11. Re: What's the diff between Northfield NF5S and F5 models?

The northfield's are put in four categories these days.

NF5S is the basic model, and has binding only on the top, with a laquer finish.
    They are great mandolins, and just have a bit less bling...
  12. Replies
    Views

Montana mandolin field trip

I just returned from a field trip to Montana. Objective was to meet Bruce and Mary Weber, to have Bruce Weber lay his hands on my Weber Beartooth A, to see his shop, and incidentally do some...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Try-out Etiquette

At one time I let anyone play my instruments, no 10K jobs but a couple 3K, anywho, I let my Martin go to a guy I knew well and let him play it. He began to hammer it left scratches on the pickgaurd...
  14. Thread: Playing level

by Jess L.
    Replies
    Views

Re: Playing level

Hmm. Well... I'd say something like these...

Beginner:

Has difficulty making the notes sound clear/clean.
    Has problems with timing/rhythm.
    Doesn't feel quite at ease or comfortable with...
  15. Replies
    Views

Half Past Four

My son is applying for a scholarship and asked me if I could post here for him. He has enrolled in a 5 week summer music program in Boston next year and is required to submit 3 videos and write an...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Intermediate Upgrade

The package came last week and the cardboard box was quite beat up. The mandolin was in the featherweight case and it held up perfectly. The mandolin was perfectly set up and is gorgeous. The Blem on...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Not much of a mando culture in my area

The music shop selection of mandolins is nada round here except for student models. Lowe Vintage in Burlington is closest shop to me with nice used mandolin. MandoMutt is further east - I've...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman mandolin factory (video)

Several years ago I stood in the Gibson Showcase at Opryland Mall watching a guy carve an F-5 neck from a sold blank with a Dremel. He was checking things as he went but I get the feeling a whole lot...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman mandolin factory (video)

Over the years we've had a few videos from Eastman. Most of the links appearto be broken but this one is still out there.
  20. Replies
    Views

Eastman mandolin factory (video)

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just found this clip on UTube.

https://youtu.be/T4HxyRo9kiQ

This is one reason I love my MD404!
  21. Replies
    Views

Healing power of mandolin

I has been just 11 days since I had my carpal tunnel surgery, which required a two inch incision in my palm. Since I removed my bandages a week ago, I have been trying to use my left hand, at first...
  22. Thread: Musical Journey

by Nancyf
    Replies
    Views

Musical Journey

Back in the 90s I got lots of invaluable support on my beginner's nervous self-doubt - from either this list or the Comando listserv. I recently wrote about my 20+ year mandolin learning journey,...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: I may need to change my next purchase

The Carter Vintage Guitars YouTube channel has a lot of videos where you can see different mandolins played by the same player, and in some cases, more than one player.

Here are a few I filmed at...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Models

This is on the Cafe main page right now. Lots of info about the current models: https://webermandolins.com/images/uploads/main/18_WEBER_CATALOG_LR.pdf
  25. Replies
    Views

Bluegrss start-up in Thailand

https://www.facebook.com/100004508439340/videos/923014287858844/?t=0 Young teenagers join together to play bluegrass song in Thailand. Hope you enjoy and if you come to Thailand . Come to join...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4