Search:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

2. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for info on this "Gibson"?

In my experience, it's very easy to swap parts and reconfigure mandolins. I don't fuss with changing or re-graduating top plates, necks, and such. It takes too long. I just keep the tailpieces,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Fender (casein?) Pick

...and different mandolins with different strings etc etc etc. :)
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: New Fender (casein?) Pick

Received my Fender "Tru-Shell" extra heavy (style 346) picks from Elderly today. They are the medium brown color and there are no apparent defects or sloppy manufacturing. I compared it to my CT55...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Differences among music genres?

When people used to ask me (frequently) what "type" of music genres I liked, I always got a little dumbfounded. My standard answer today is, "Some uh this and some uh that." As one who writes songs...
  6. Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

When the sampler gets to me, I'll be adding the new Fender "Tru-Shell" pick. I ordered a few of the extra heavy in 346 style. I've got others to add, but just don't know which yet. :grin:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Complex mandolin

Not a mandolin, but the same principle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXM757mMyz0

From Wikipedia: "A complex tone is any musical tone that is not sinusoidal, but is periodic, such that it...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Just joined forum---1st post

I agree to case it. In my location, the humidity bounces up and down this time of year with afternoon thunderstorms and dry, hot sunny days. I also turn my AC on and off quite a bit. I know the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Science of Sound?

Hi Keith. Playing every day for one month and noticing a big change in tone would make "me" suspect the strings if you are still using the same set. It has been said that many strings will have a...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Copyright Question

Thanks Canuckle. I appreciate your input. I came away from the government website with pretty much the same understanding that you have articulated here - minus your experience and insights. It...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Copyright Question

Hey Marty, I'm taking everything in like a sponge, but now I'm a bit confused. If I don't need to get a copyright approval, then what is the whole point of the government setting up this: ...
  12. Re: How do you justify a high end mandolin? Or do you?

Love how some of these threads really get me to thinking. I've decided to dispense with usage of the term "high end" and start saying "high quality" from now on. To me, it's way more accurate and...
  13. Re: How do you justify a high end mandolin? Or do you?

click to enlarge
  14. Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Please add my name to the list. I'm sure I've got some picks I can toss in - just not sure which ones yet.
  15. Re: Who owns a newer F5L and what is your thoughts?

Nah. I've put it up for sale a couple times, but I either got low balled to the point of "silly," or the "vibe" just wasn't right, so I changed my mind and took it off the market. I'm in no hurry to...
  16. Re: Who owns a newer F5L and what is your thoughts?

I'd say something on this, but I'm thinking it would be a rules violation. I hear that being in Scott's Jail is worse than "Sing Sing."
  17. Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

I actually think it's an astute observation. I totally "get" this. I've come to appreciate what my Octave Mandolin "is". While I don't "humanize" my instruments, it is a fine instrument (in my...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Today While Mandolinin

I agree on consideration of an Octave Mandolin. There are side benefits as well. After just 7 months of practicing, I can now lift 195lbs and punch holes through car doors using only my little pinkie.
  19. Replies
    Views

TWM: I got tired of tolerating a general "buzzing" issue on G-D-A strings. I bought the OM last year and just starting playing it right away - out of the box. For the longest time, I was blaming...
  20. Re: Complete Mandolin Method by Alfred Publishing: Book 3

No...thank YOU! (we could do this all day):grin:

Seriously, I won't pass on a chance to thank you publicly Wayne. When I started out, I had sampled quite a few method type books. Your's was the...
  21. Re: Complete Mandolin Method by Alfred Publishing: Book 3

I worked through the series. I have the "all in one" book. I liked them so much that the other method books I had purchased (besides the great Brad Laird pubs - thanks Brad!) went to the way side. ...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: No MAS. ( no Duran content )

Unfortunately, most young, talented players cannot afford a 5k mandolin, so I'd rather give them a job.:grin:
  23. Replies
    Views

Wanted to share something on this with you, but haven't gotten around to it until now.

When I was in grade school in New York, and unwittingly being groomed for the mobster life by some on the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: No MAS. ( no Duran content )

The saying goes “Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it.”
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Teacher/Style question

The fact that she said to you...

...tells me a lot right there. I'd wager you're in for a fantastic time with this person.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4