Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Yellowstone Experts

I own a Weber Madison (which is fantastic in looks, tone, volume and playability) not a Yellowstone, but just wanted to chime in and say that Bruce is excellent to work with and does phenominal work....
  2. Thread: McClung Armrest

by scotta
    Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

While there are a number of very good arm rest makers on this forum, but for me the McClung design is superior in the way it positions your right hand angle over the strings. Everyone is different so...
  3. Thread: Pomeroy #41

by scotta
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pomeroy #41

200133 Here it is 18 years later...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: your mandolin ownership history

Interesting thread. Here goes my long winded story...

Bluebird pancake for $10 from a flea market around 1980. Was a bluegrass banjo player and just messed around with the mando. Still have it.
  5. Thread: Luthier Needed

by scotta
    Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier Needed

good to know, thank you sliebers
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Considering a trade - is it me or the mandolin?

I’ve got a Weber and a Northfield with standard necks (1 1/8), and a Collings MT-O with a wide neck (1 3/16). I have no trouble switching between them so I agree with Bill on evaluating your left...
  7. I'll add my thanks to and support for the Cafe,...

I'll add my thanks to and support for the Cafe, Porch Pride and CJ - great article, important conversation, and nice to see the welcoming environment here!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Hill Country Stringworks

Good to see Doug, great arm rests and pick guards! Got'em on all my mandos...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Regarding proper humidification

Great discussion, thank you ajh for posting this. I have used D'Addario uke humidifiers in my mando cases and have had good results in the dry Minnesota winters. Bruce Weber says to humidify below...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard or no pickgaurd?

Another fan of Doug’s work. I have his arm rests on all of my mandos and just ordered a pick guard for my Collings (other mandos already had them). I find the McClung armrest puts your hand in a good...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case

Max, one of our 3 cats pictured above in my Recurve case, has liked music from the time we got him as a kitten. He would sit on my left leg under my arm while playing mando or banjo. As he has grown...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case

13. Replies
    Views

NMD - Sawchyn Beavertail

Wow! Today I received my new Sawchyn Beavertail straight from Peter. What a great little mando. Just like other reports on the forum - it is beautiful, fit and finish are outstanding, the thing is...
  14. Re: Celebrating The Mandolin Pickers Guide to Bluegrass Improvisa

Ditto!
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The Mandolins and Beer Podcast

Great stuff...I've listened to podcasts 0 and 1, and am listening to 2 right now. Thank you Daniel for filling this gaping hole in the mandosphere!