Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: McCartney and Sound City

Whatever it is sounds awful.

Dave H
  2. Chris Thile-How to grow a band- Streamable on Netflix

Surprised to see this on Netflix instant viewing.
    great documentary
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill / Kasey Chambers Singer Songwriter Night

That's great, I really enjoyed listening to that!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: My new toy, Banjolin! :-)

If we're really getting technical here, that's a mandolin-banjo. Banjolins have only 4 strings.
  5. Replies
    Views

Nah. Its a thingumawhatsis.

Banjolins are great fun. Not "de rigueur" in bluegrass, but the mandolin world is much bigger than bluegrass. Most of my mandolins don't chop, but they sure sing.
  6. Replies
    Views

Just by way of correction, Trent - that's certainly not a thingy ma bob, it's a thingumajig. Looks like it would be a lot of fun - enjoy!

rm
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Australian Bluesgrass Festival

Really nicely played Trent. I love working around the melody lines of tuneful songs like that. They're slow enough for you to come up with some tasty licks as you're doing in the clip - well done,
  8. Punch Brothers in Phoenix - video of Chris playing Bach

It was a wonderful show last night at the Crescent Ballroom - took a little video on my eyefoan of the encore. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9S7LrdcLkI&feature=player_embedded
  9. Replies
    Views

Useful piece of kit for DPA mic etc

Hi all,

I stumbled across this when looking for something else, and thought it might be of interest to some here:

http://www.orchid-electronics.co.uk/balanced_mic_mute.htm

A pedal that sends...
  10. Replies
    Views

K&K Sound Krazy Glue Recall

SUPERGLUE RECALL!

For anyone who bought a K&K pickup in the last few weeks: We've been getting reports that some customers are having problems with the superglue gel that we include for...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: DPA Mandolin Mic Opinions

Both configurations are prone to feedback issues. If the monitor is directly in front of you, you're getting a lot of sound into the back of your mic and standing in front of the mains will increase...
  12. Replies
    Views

I think you are, to be brutally honest, expecting far too much from a microphone in that situation. You clearly play at very high volumes. You also have FOH speakers behind you... and with a monitor,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Hey All
    I wrote quite a while back. I wanted to update my last post. I remain of the opinion that the DPA mike sounds great and I agree with many of the folks above that it has 'ambiance' issues.