Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Hello again!

It's so nice to be back. I have a nice shiny new right shoulder and I'm finally reintroducing myself to my instruments. Phoebe was first, tonight. I felt some muscles I haven't used for a while!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Checking in--I didn't disappear

I've had surgery on both thumbs (once each, at the joint where they join the wrist), and several shoulder surgeries on both sides. Doctors are miracle workers. Just be sure, if you ever have a hand...
  3. Replies
    Views

Checking in--I didn't disappear

I've missed all of you people! At the end of the month, I'm getting a new shoulder. Once I've recovered from that project I hope to resume spending time with my instruments--and my instrument-forum...
  4. Re: From Tablature to Standard Music notation OH My

Great job, Keith! Once one sees the system to it, or the logic behind it, I think it really clicks. My first instrument was violin and once I started goofing around with fretted strings it occurred...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking into Mandola...by mandolin?

It sounds as if your mandola engages you enough that you will enjoy spending time with her, Sue. I suspect your fluency will improve quickly. Enjoy!
  6. Re: Found: Songbooks good for beginner/early intermediate players

Well, I would need one of those caps, except my sister gave me a stormtrooper LED headlamp for my birthday. :cool:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave mandolin lessons for beginner

Don Julin has two self-paced video courses for octave mandolin available on his site, Mandolins Heal the World. It's via subscription, monthly or annual. He offers a 7-day trial period before you...
  8. Found: Songbooks good for beginner/early intermediate players

I have found a series of songbooks that I really enjoy, so I wanted to share in case anybody here might also like 'em.

It's a Hal Leonard series called "Strum Together." The volume I have in hand...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: How's She Lookin' Now?

She's beautiful, Sue. Just gorgeous.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko

I've been needing a good cry over this week's horrors. That comment did the trick. Thanks, Louise. (I mean that sincerely. It's like my sorrow and everything was stuck in my throat.)
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Player at age 63

You've gotten lots of great advice here from people much better qualified to offer it than I. I would add just one thing, especially as you're planning to shop as a beginner, or relative beginner, to...
  12. Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Why do you suppose I keep that list of names handy here in my Mandolin Cafe signature?
  13. Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

I have restored my vintage spouse to the list. I didn't know that his absence had been noted. Were he to no longer be here with me, I'm sure I would be such a blubbering mess that you could hear me...
  14. Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

I'm pretty sure my beloved husband knows better than to ask me to get rid of anybody.
  15. Re: I have MAS and check the classified hourly…

Raise your hand if when you made your last instrument purchase, you promised your spouse you would not buy another one until 2023.

I don't see any hands--hold 'em up high! Is it really just me? ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Happy Hanukkah!

I'm just sticking my nose in to wish our friends who are celebrating Hanukkah a happy one!

Also, I haven't ghosted all y'all.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD and a little story

Update: Ayden is essentially all healed up, busy digging in to his senior year in high school. I offer heartfelt thanks to all of you who offered prayer and good thoughts following his accident.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello, I am new here

Here's one on eBay. It isn't blue, but it does have a nifty dragon. https://www.ebay.com/itm/372489297197?hash=item56ba179d2d:g:qfQAAOSwGoBb28wA
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: I went and did it!

Sue, I was thinking I might call her Sally. What do you think of Sally? Everybody deserves a name!
  20. Replies
    Views

I went and did it!

Well, I am now the proud (and more than a little surprised) owner of an acoustic guitar. I'm not sure where I picked up the guitar bug, but it sure did bite. I'm having fun with the gigantic beastie,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: recently built Octaves

Bob,
    These octaves are beautiful. Just gorgeous.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Late Night Trashy Mandolin Music

Wishing you a quick, complete, and comfortable recovery from a perfectly successful procedure. And praying for same.
  23. Re: What’s the oddest mandolin related gift you’ve been given?

I don't (but then, I don't have a guitar, either). It looks like it could do service holding spare strings, a winder and/or nippers, a polishing cloth? I'm fond of boxes to keep stuff in, so if those...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony Monterey H410 Rescue

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and skills, which far exceed my own. I am reading, studying photos, and perhaps driving my woodworking husband a little crazy as I learn. I'm long on enthusiasm...
  25. Re: What’s the oddest mandolin related gift you’ve been given?

Was it a box like this one?...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4