Search:

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping up with the Fiddlers

This is an interesting concept that a few people here have alluded to, and so it bears consideration. I have always heard previously that one should start slow and that if you try to speed up before...
  2. Re: Bluegrass Mandolin Jam Tunes by Rick Williams any good?

Road Trip !!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Keeping up with the Fiddlers

Busy weekend. I've been taking note of everyone's excellent advice, but haven't had a chance to weigh in.

I'm in a learning environment, so there are mixed abilities among all the instruments,...
  4. Re: Bluegrass Mandolin Jam Tunes by Rick Williams any good?

Looks cool, but he specifically states: " Bluegrass Jam Tunes books are not available by mail; you must come to the store in person to purchase one."

So if you don't live in Oklahoma ....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

My Grandmother was Jemima Grace Jamieson, and she immigrated from Scotland in 1917. Thanks for this, Frank, it's lovely :mandosmiley:
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

Having at one point in my life flown single engine aircraft, I hear you about headsets. But I also wonder if you could just remove that button the way people with sensitivities (me, for instance)...
  7. Replies
    Views

I was under the impression that structured vs unstructured had more to do with whether it was adjustable or not. I see that I'm also in the demographic of people that didn't know how much there was...
  8. 1913 Blackface F2 on Cooperstown, NY Craigslist

NFI, but this instrument looks like a great deal to me for a price of $2500.

https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/cooperstown-gibson-mandolin/7721299376.html
  9. Replies
    Views

I like the idea of khaki or dark green. I have way too many black hats. Red, I don't know, maybe not these days. I almost got into an altercation with someone not long ago when I was wearing a red...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Lutherie as an art form

That's an interesting still life you posted, Simon.

I remember going to an art museum years ago, and it was explained that still life pieces like this always had something imperfect, to remind us...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Good picks for beginner

But there is! Sign up for the Traveling Pick Sampler ! https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/117767-The-Traveling-Pick-Sampler-Anyone-Interested

And welcome to the Cafe !!
  12. Mike Marshall & Darol Anger show on 2/9/24

My DH and I went to this concert Friday night at the Groton Hill Music Center in Groton, Mass. (This is the second show I've seen at this venue, the sound is superb).

Here's a few pictures from...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What is or was this?

Wow, I've been saving worn out jeans for years, hoping/planning to make them into something else, quilts, bags, etc. I could have a goldmine in my closet ;)
  14. Re: Ralph Stanley II and The Clinch Mountain Boys - Latest News

Totally off topic, and not mandolin related all, but your dilemma reminded me of this story.

When I was in my 20's we hired a mover to bring our stuff to our new (first!) house. It was summer and...
  15. Re: Browns Ferry Blues-posted today, loaded with living icons

Fun music and nice video production :mandosmiley:
  16. Re: Living in Kazakhstan, ready for online course

So I've taken a few of Matt Flinner's zoom classes, and they've been at 9PM eastern (which is a tough hour for me, not being a night owl). So 10AM for you? Doesn't sound too bad to me, depending on...
  17. Re: RECOVERED: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

A bit of a Christmas miracle :mandosmiley:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmastime is Here - NMD

Lovely looking instrument, Eric, and the local connection is great. Bet you're having a blast with it :mandosmiley:
  19. Re: Strad-O-Lin mandolins - which, when, how good?

A guy who bought one of my shirts told me he's had close to 60 Strad-O-Lins in the past 50 years. He pointed out on my f-hole model that the second to the highest fret is missing, and said this was...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Etiquette for buying a mandolin on-line

That's the good part, isn't it :):mandosmiley:
  21. Re: Strad-O-Lin mandolins - which, when, how good?

Here's an oval hole model that I am fostering. I have two right now, and they are a little different from each other. I'm going to post a compare and contrast as soon as I take a few more pictures. ...
  22. Re: Christmas gift ideas for my daughter / Mandolin related?

Northfield neck rest for changing strings, etc. I bought one of these for myself for Christmas :grin:
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Bluegrass/Newgrass/Jamgrass Festivals

This place looks amazing. Looks like they have regularly scheduled underground concerts in addition to the festival, and the ticket prices aren't super crazy. Looks like I have a new addition to my...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Love for Ovals

An acquaintance of mine has a Toole. I was at a jam last night, sitting across the room from her, and could hear it clearly, what a sweet, bell-like sound. I've seen it up close, too. What a lovely...
  25. Thread: Stradolins

by Sue Rieter
    Replies
    Views

Re: Stradolins

210933 210936210934 210935
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4