Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: 2020 Duff A5

by KMaynard
    Replies
    Views

2020 Duff A5

I received my Duff A5 yesterday and after 16 hours of acclimation, I was able to open it this morning. Thought I would share some pictures of Duff A5 25520. Purchased from Carter Vintage Guitars.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble neck - forearm pain

It seems to me that mandolin necks keep getting thicker, more poorly tapered and just damn harder to play! Kentucky, Eastman, The Loar and yes, even Northfield have, over the last several years,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin 'dogs'?

There's always a variance isn't there? I don't think any of the reputable makers produce bad mandos but some are special and others, not so much.

Sometimes you see a mandolin that has two or...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Too Cold to Ship Your Instrument

Oh, wow, that’s gorgeous! Congrats to both of you!
  5. Replies
    Views

Beautiful. Glad you can quit worrying and get pickin. :mandosmiley:
  6. Replies
    Views

It's really not a big deal as long as you let things warm up before you open it up in a warmer environment. I had a 113 year old fiddle shipped to me last month when it actually WAS real winter cold,...
  7. Re: Dumb and petty complaint (Doyle Lawson F-5 content)

About 20 years ago, when I was still actively playing classical guitar, I walked into a shop in Atlanta and spied a guitar made by Sobrinos de Santos Hernandez [nephews of Santos Hernandez]. They...
  8. Re: Dumb and petty complaint (Doyle Lawson F-5 content)

My experience may be different, but once I made my main-playing mandolin mine by spending years playing and tweaking setup with it, and finally by having it modified to suit my tastes, it became a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Double Standard

I usually check this forum quite regularly, about 5 days a week, and I've noticed a double-standard in some of the responses.

It's time to play devil's advocate.

In a recent thread, someone...