Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: On the Waiting List with Austin Clark

A long overdue thread revival! Earlier this week I received some progress pictures from Mr. Clark, and I must say that I'm extremely excited.

He's done an amazing job and I can't wait to see what...
  2. My visit to Northfield Mandolins and Elderly Instruments

Instead of going to the upcoming NAMM Show in 2024 decided to pay a visit to Northfield and Elderly Instruments. Northfield was yesterday and was a mind blowing experience getting to play all of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New build question - type of maple?

I don't want to get too snarky here, but; who is building the mandolin? If the builder likes sugar maple and thinks he/she can get you the sound you want using it, what difference does it make what...
  4. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

Ryan was the head of the Weber division at Two Old Hippies, he was putting out what I believe were the best Weber mandolins since Bruce left. When Covid hit, Two Old Hippies moved their mandolin...
  5. Re: Are Weber and Silverangel still in business?

I just spoke with Ryan Fish yesterday to get an update on the new Weber mandolins. He said the tooling for the necks and neck joints took longer than expected. He's gotten that all figured out, and...
  6. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

Sometimes I just get so tickled by the way a set of pictures convey the look of a new instrument ...

This newest Kevlar/Carbon Sprite is out in Deep Gap, NC with Liam Purcell. Can't...
  7. Replies
    Views

New project on the bench

206677building a Selmer influenced American sycamore mandola. Spruce top with 17 inch scale rosewood fingerboard.
  8. Re: Unknown mandolin player on the BART to Glen Park

I'm sure you meant to say, "As long as there’s no explicit or implicit request for money, it’s not busking." Little things mean a lot, as they say. ;)

And it's true. Interdictions address acts of...
  9. Replies
    Views

NGOM Day - Clark

Well its a new GOM day for me. A lovely Clark showed up a couple of days ago and its just a great instrument. I am going to enjoy this Journey :)

10. Replies
    Views

Re: Micawber Mandolins

Just pulled the trigger on one….. we shall see.
    Mike
  11. Replies
    Views

Spencer Strickland #28

I thought I'd post a link to a video of Spencer Strickland's latest build. I think Spencer is a cafe member, but haven't seen him promoting his builds. NFI on my part, I just think he is building...
  12. Re: Northfield mandolins - USA or China made?

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the inquiry and feedback. Like someone said in the thread, we’re always up for talking and we encourage people to write or call us directly. Happy to explain about how we...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: 2021/2022 Forster mandolin batch

Kentucky must have a sustainable source of nauga - their current 'deluxe' gig bags look and feel like they came as an accessory for Starsky and Hutch wheels. I'm just peeved they didn't include an...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Dry Tone what is it and what defines it?

A "Dry" tone uses little or no vermouth.
  15. Re: My new Harley Benton electro mandolin is in the van - Wow!

This Forum suggests that the happiest days of mandolin ownerhip are when you buy it, and each tme you buy the next one :)
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

This one is coming along…
  17. Electric Blues on Mandolin - Farther Up the Road

Hey Everyone,

Here's something new for me. I love older school electric blues like Freddie King but also a bit older than that. Here's an attempt to convert Bobby Blue's rendition of Farther Up...
  18. Thread: Vinyl!

by maj34
    Replies
    Views

Re: Vinyl!

Here's a picture of my good friend's LP collection. He has been buying records since he was in junior high in the late 1950s, and he doesn't get rid of anything. From the top, the first row is...
  19. Replies
    Views

It's been a while.
    Boots Imperial strung up in the white.195944
  20. Replies
    Views

A second of the D'Aquisto inspired mandolins. I was at a meeting the other week and the table in the meeting room was veneered in Blackheart sassafras, a timber only found in Tasmania, it it struck...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: The waiting begins: order in for Clark Octave

Got the first pics of the new OM. Keeping things pretty classic. No cutaway, amber/tobacco sunburst. Oh my...

http://www.drooartz.com/public/octave_back.jpg
  22. Replies
    Views

First coat of varnish on the next mandolin...
  23. Thread: MAS Control

by Cando
    Replies
    Views

Re: MAS Control

But only until one day you see that one pair of Lloyd Loar worn socks in the Classifieds...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Parlour King 19" tenot

Its been ages since I started this instrument, but I've been slowed down by the weather of late - it's been very humid here in Queensland and that has prevented me gluing things together for weeks on...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Not your average cigar box mandolin

They are still here actually Charles. :cool:
Page 1 of 2 1 2