Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: National Tenor Resonator Guitar

I have started to work on it some. My wife cleaned to old brown paint that someone had applied to the resonator cover, as well as the body off of the resonator cover. It looks like it was...
  2. Replies
    Views

ProfChris. Thanks for the link on the neck reset. The process is pretty much what I expected, but the article took all of the mystery out of it and made me pretty confident that I can reset the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Charley, Thanks. I found a site at www.notecannons.com that had a National catalog from 1936-1937 that showed this exact guitar. That's close enough for me. This site was linked at...
  4. Replies
    Views

National Tenor Resonator Guitar

Last night one of the members of a band that I manage gifted me a National Tenor Resonator guitar. It needs some work, but is basically all there. From what little research I have been able to do,...
  5. Thread: OME Dating

by Pappyrich
    Replies
    Views

Re: OME Dating

Reach out to OME and ask. I know the business is for sale, but they might still be around to answer your question.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your new fiddle tune?

Cowboy Waltz
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking Advice - Washburn M118SW Any Good?

Buy an Eastman 305 from the Mandolin Store. I bought mine from them about 3 years ago and have been very pleased. They did a good setup, and it has always played easily and sounded good. While I...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickguard issue

You are braver than I am.......good job.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Help dating a Stella Guitar (NMC)

Here is a picture of the steel reinforcement rod in this Stella. It is basically a square, hollow, steel tube which is actually pretty stiff. The neck on this guitar was only slightly bowed, and it...
  10. Tenor Guitar Rebuild Pictures - almost done

I am pretty much finished with the rebuild if the 1660's Harmony/Regal tenor guitar. The process was a great learning experience, and I did make a few mistakes, but in the end, it turned out OK. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Help to Identify this Old Tenor Guitar

I'm getting pretty close to finishing this old tenor guitar so I thought I would post a few pictures. I'm not totally satisfied with the finish on the top, but it is pretty close to looking like I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A50 - Help Needed

Your pictures are probably too large in size (total size of the pic file). Try reducing the size and then try to upload the smaller file. This usually works for me.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Help to Identify this Old Tenor Guitar

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information.

Mike, no, it is some kind of felt material. My guess is that this instrument spend a long time in a very hot attic sitting on top of a piece of...
  14. Replies
    Views

Help to Identify this Old Tenor Guitar

Does anyone have an idea about the age or maker of this old tenor guitar. It was given to me as a luthier project. As bad as it looks, with the exception of the finish damage and the hole in the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin D18 Bridge Problem

Again, thanks everyone for your thoughts. I decided to do the simplest thing first and glued the crack which seems to be holding. Then I fitted a snug saddle and set the action at 5/64"(.080) on...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin refret in VA

Richie Dotson at Acoustic Box. I think he is in Hopewell now. He will do a superb job on any acoustic repair. I believe he does most of the luthier work for Charles Johnson at Mandolin World...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Blackwood and spruce flat top mandolin

Beautiful!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Home-workshopped mandolins

I am sure that the "Handmade Music School" in Floyd VA would be very interested in having these instruments. The Handmade Music School is an initiative of Floyd Creative Studios, a non-profit,...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Oval hole mandolin recommendations

If they are available locally, you can't go far wrong with an Eastman. I have a 305 like I like. I bought a 1919 Gibson A1 about six months ago that I really like for playing old time. The Eastman...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Performing in a sport coat

Here is a shot of the Bluegrass band i manage. They don't wear jackets, but always wear a white shirt and old fashioned tie. We play old time traditional Bluegrass. Our band leader, Bill Jenkins,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Which machine heads

I replaced the tuners on my Eastman 305 with Grover 309N's. They are a drop in fit, and you don't need to change the bushings. You will need to drill a couple of new screw holes, but not fill any...
  22. Re: Old Time Workshops / Floyd County Get Together

Amanda, My wife and I are registered for Floyd again this year. We went last year and had the most fun I think we have ever had at a camp. I took Caleb's mandolin class and thoroughly enjoyed it. ...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Gold Tone AC-1 banjo?

I play clawhammer banjo, and if I need a "leave behind" banjo this would probably be fine. I have always wanted one of the old Silvertone banjos with the bakelite rim. This looks pretty close. ...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Vinaccia disection

Nice job! It was fun to follow your progress.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Picking Fiddle Tunes?

I think the term "Fiddle Tunes" in my area of the country refers to old time music. My band, "The Playin' Possums", plays the old time Appalachian music that was typically played for dances in the...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3