Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Stan Miller Brazilian rosewoods

Nice! I had one of the those Miller rosewood F-5s -- made just before the one John Reischman played before he got his Loar. Mine a very light stain on both the front and the back and the rosewood...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: R.I.P. Dennis Caplinger

https://youtu.be/r-rg5Lpvouk
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What kind of mic is Dawg using?

I suppose it could be a U87 (or clone). The backside has a couple of small switches like I can make myself see in that pic when I zoom in.
  4. Re: Article: D'Addario X Mandolin Strings Giveaway with 10 Winner

Congratulations to our winning entries. Emails have been sent to the following selected at random.

Dean B.
    Buddy M.
    Robert A.
    Vernon H.
    Scott A.
    Rebecca M.
    William D.
    Andrew S.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Fiddle Shop Lost to Fire

Hang on to your hats for this bit of news. What I'm told is Byron and his crew are going to post and confirm this on the web as well, where I don't know but I'd guess on Facebook:

Byron's Loar was...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Folk Alliance International - Kansas City

Sam Bush once carried my Sam Bush mandolin. . .
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuning to Flatt and Scruggs

I love the irony of Flatt being sharp.
  8. Replies
    Views

Alive Inside

There is no mandolin content here, but anyone with an appreciation of the power of music is likely to be touched by this movie. Just watched it on Netflix last night and highly recommend it. Here's a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What sounds like a Loar?

Sounds great!
    One thing that constantly gets under my skin is the way so many people trim string ends! All the care and time taken to do a beautiful inlay pattern, exquisite finish and so forth...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: How to Sell a Mandolin?

Alternate opinion backed by years of statistics analyzing where replies to ads come from going back to 1998.

55-60% of all replies to all ads come from those not within the most recent 30 placed....
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Which Mando did Dawg use?

Henry you're absolutely right. I played a '24 Gibson A-4 snakehead on "What Child is This?" (same one I used on Tone Poems). I also used a great sounding Kentucky KM-1500 on the Respighi piece and...
  12. Replies
    Views

Thanks to Scott

I can't believe that we are this far into Thanksgiving and nobody has offered up thanks to the creator of this website, the moderators and the Mandolin Cafe community. In the 10++ years I've been a...
  13. Re: Breedlove production moving to China -- Will Weber be next?

Hey fellow mandolin warriors. To put fears to rest. There are no intensions of ever moving any part of Weber to China. We will remain a domestically built family of instruments.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Keith Passes

Here's the TV show

x2-O_A3PvvM
  15. Re: Mandolins cost ___?____...audience participation

Some really great suggestions, folks! As you can imagine, I made some decisions based upon the tool (MS WORD), the space provided (number of columns would begin to dictate very small fonts),...