Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: It Made the Mandolin Sound Better

Too funny. So, for the first 20-25 years of my musical journey, there was no way I could play a gig, practice or even listen to music without a puff or three. That was just the way we rolled (sorry)...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kate Wolf Accompanied By Two Mandolins – 1985

Randy Sabien- the dude mandolin player- is an incredible jazz fiddle player from northern Wisconsin. I didn't even know that he played mandolin. He obviously does, and quite well.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Earl and his Gibson mandolins

Steve is most definitely "The Man". What a true eccentric. And I mean that as a compliment. Have seen him several times live- and each show was completely different. That old Gibson A that he played...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry's Birthday Gig

Hey Matt- sounds great. Jerry would be proud.
  5. Thread: Resonators

by Chief
    Replies
    Views

Re: Resonators

I used to have one of those- it was very cool. With a pickup. I can't remember why I passed it along, but I sure wished I would've kept it. I don't remember what I sold it for, but that price seems a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: A Tiny surprise....

That copy is a Jay Roberts made in Yuba City Ca, and sold in Tiny's music store in Sacramento Ca. I'm lucky enough to own one. Wish mine had the Bigsby, but it's very cool and fun to play just the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: 1953 EM-200 original red or refin?

Looks refinished to me. I don't believe they made an EM 200 that color. Or any other mandolin for that matter. I'm not sure how they can justify asking $12,000 for it.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin mandolin info

Hey Mick- well it's a good thing I know a little Spanish. Yes, I do like fondue. Adios, El Chiefo.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: One that got away

It wasn't me Martin. I believe that's actually a picture of the old National that I bought from that elderly gentleman a few years ago. It looks identical. I think I sold or traded it to you. The...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Dobro versus National

I've had them all at one time or another-still have a couple of Nationals(old and new) and used to have a sweet Dobro from 1935 that I regret selling. I also had a Wailing, which while well made, was...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: J.L. Smith 4-Stringer Abbreviated Pickguard:

Very nice John. Good to see that you're still making beautiful instruments. I think they're the best value in electric mandolins on the market today. I believe I was one of your first customers many...
  12. Re: New Crafter owner hoping for some help from Ovation owners

I have an Ovation that came with a heavily padded gig bag. I would think that if you found a fairly large padded gig bag at Elderly, your Crafter would fit. You could call them and give your...
  13. Re: 1968 Gibson EM-150 Mandolin with a P 90 pick up on ebay

Yep, the pickup is original.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Black electric Gibson 2 poiont

I agree with Jeff Mando about the guys attitude. Not somebody that I'd want to deal with.
  15. Thread: sam bush

by Chief
    Replies
    Views

Re: sam bush

Right on brother. Totally agree.
  16. Thread: Gibson EM 200

by Chief
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson EM 200

So I found the mandolin of my dreams- (thanks mando pop). A well used 50's Gibson Em-200. that is everything I imagined it would be. Although I've got some other very cool electrics, this one pretty...
  17. Thread: NMD this Friday

by Chief
    Replies
    Views

Re: NMD this Friday

How cool is that? Love it!
  18. Replies
    Views

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Ryman

I had the great pleasure to be in Nashville on Monday, Sept.14 and see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Bands 50th. anniversary concert at the Ryman Auditorium. What a show! Some of their friends joined them,...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Rescued from the Bat Cave.

Mine does not say Harmony on the pick guard.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: amplifiers for mandos??

I've been playing an Ultra Sound 100wt. acoustic amp for several years now. Plugging a fiddle and various mandos in. I've never heard another acoustic amp that comes close for reproducing a very...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: About those 48 hour approval periods....

I think once you start altering an instrument, you void any return policy. Having it checked over is one thing, but when you start "tweaking things", you've changed the instrument- no matter how...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Live gig challenges

Sounds like you did the best you could have under the circumstances. If there's one thing I've learned in over 35 years of gigging is- you need to be flexible. Things never go as you think they will....
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: any suggestions on a mando banjo?

I've got a Gold Tone mando banjo- the earlier one with the smaller body. I've thought about getting the new model. Anyhoo, I put a pickup in mine, because I play in noisy bars generally. Haven't used...