Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Transcriptions/resource website

A few thoughts on transcribing which you may find helpful (or not):

Rip whatever tracks you plan to transcribe from the CD onto your computer.

A file has no moving parts, so your PC media...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Transcriptions/resource website

Your tempo indications are a bit odd. In the jig you give the tempo as quarter note= 160
    where dotted quarter note = 107 (or, perhaps, 110) would be more natural. In St Anne's Reel the tempo is...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Need to improve my tone

This one hundred percent. It is true that higher quality instruments help get to higher quality of the sound, sometimes... The other times it comes down to how instruments are set up. It takes me...
  4. Replies
    Views

Absolutely do everything with technique to achieve the tone you want, always. Experiment widely. Music is very special because it gives us exactly what we put into it - you are the one who hears.
  5. Replies
    Views

I have found if the intonation is just a little off the G strings can get less resonant and the E strings can get brighter. A little humidity difference can move the top, changing action slightly and...
  6. Replies
    Views

What thickness of pick are you using, Ross? Today I experimented with a mixed bag of Ebay UK 'extra heavy' 1.0-3.0mm affordable Jim Dunlop 'bass' picks on my MD305. The fullest sound was produced by...
  7. Replies
    Views

The ears do evolve; with experience comes greater wherewithal and discernment: of tone/timbre, and of a given instrument's strengths and weakness.

You need good technique up there - particularly...
  8. Replies
    Views

It could be a little of both. One of the big differences between “budget” instruments and upper tier ones is their tone up the neck. Better mandolins tend to have more full, ringing tone as opposed...