Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

Thanks Scott. Yes, someone at Gibson has their wires crossed. I don't know who at this point, but I would like to have a definitive answer. Here's the question I posed and answer I received from...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

Scott, I was curious about this since it wasn't openly discussed in the advertising and I contacted David Harvey and he told me absolutely they were constructed using hide-glue only. That is the 1923...
  3. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

I'm just curious, do you think using this Lloyd Loar label with his signature is any different that Gibson using Bill Monroe's signature on the limited HOF models? I personally think anyone buying...
  4. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

It's probably too late to make the premier scheduled release video private now. For those that did miss it, it was a 1923 Gibson Master Model Reissue that is slated for press release at 10/10/2023. I...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bad Experience on the Classifieds

Sam, just some information that most get wrong about shipper/buyer insurance and damage. The seller is responsible for the damaged item. Under normal law, the contract is the seller will sell an item...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Distressed Master Model ....question

Just my opinion, but a broad range here, depending on originality and sound, should be 13.5K to 17.5K.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: 1955 Flatt and Scruggs

Here's the photo and story published in and courtesy of the Herald-Dispatch, Huntington, WV

Music historians view the duo of singer and guitarist Lester Flatt and banjo player Earl...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Derrington signed A5l MasterModel?

All Gibson mandolins are master models, but not all master models are a master model.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: New Splatter Calton Case

Here you go Daryl.
  10. Replies
    Views

New Splatter Calton Case

Got a new resting place for a special mandolin.

This is one of the newer cases with extra room at the point and headstock area. Thanks to Vernie from Bluegrass Mandolins for great customer...
  11. Thread: 2020 Duff A5

by KMaynard
    Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 Duff A5

Thanks and I have to say it's quickly becoming one of my favorite mandolins. My first experience with a Duff mandolin and I'm really impressed. The midrange tone is so prevalent and cutting. Some...
  12. Thread: 2020 Duff A5

by KMaynard
    Replies
    Views

2020 Duff A5

I received my Duff A5 yesterday and after 16 hours of acclimation, I was able to open it this morning. Thought I would share some pictures of Duff A5 25520. Purchased from Carter Vintage Guitars.
  13. Re: Duff A style mandolins, like to hear owner thoughts, some ?

Wow, that didn't take long. I called about the 2021 with Waverly's and it's already sold.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Best prices Gibson F5

I don't understand constant steering away from Gibson. This user specifically ask about GIBSON/GIBSON MADE, whey do you feel the need to throw in what amounts to YOUR opinion on other makes and...
  15. Re: Gibson Master Model vs Custom Master Model - advice please

Remember, even the F5G has the "Master Model" label inside. A true Master Model will 99% of the time be varnish finished and have a serial number "V-70XXX".
  16. Re: Video demo of my new Craig Wilson "Griffith Loar"Tribute mand

Very nice. Impressive mandolin and also impressive picking. Really enjoyed that great demonstration and Monroe style playing.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Amazing Nugget F5 at Carter's!

I think Mike is nearing 325 instruments of which I would guess 90% are mandolin family.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Amazing Nugget F5 at Carter's!

Mike's mandolins are in a league of their own. This is a deluxe model. i bet that mandolin moves at very close to the list price at Carters. One thing, I wonder if those Waverly's are replacements? I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

Nice. I'm a Gibson fan and I love the Gibson branding on that Calton.
  20. Replies
    Views

Here you go Doug. It's smooth glitter.

21. Replies
    Views

Just got my new Calton. This is their new case that is wider to give the lower point more padding.

22. Re: Article: The Mandolin Store Set to Give Away a Northfield NF5

This is posted on The Mandolin Store's website:

"The winner of this years Black Friday Northfield mandolin giveaway is Paul from Deltona Fla. I want to thank everyone for entering and shopping...
  23. Re: Campanella, Red Diamond, Northfield, Collings experience

Tim, I to am a fan of Collings MT2-V mandolins. I have had two. I traded one in on a Derrington era 2001 Gibson Master Model. I love the sound of the MM. I also have another 2004 MM as well as a 2007...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Dennis Vance receives double transplant

Thanks very much Scott. Dennis is a vital part of our community and "mandolin cafe family". Your frequent updates on his progress is appreciated. I'm continuing to think of Dennis and pray for his...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Shout out to Collings

My opinion, but Monel's tone down some the brightness on my MT2 Torrefied Top and make it sound awesome with a good easy playing feel. On my MT2V, all torrefied, J74's some to be the preferred tone...
Page 1 of 2 1 2