Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Anybody Got a Copy of Ranieri Method Vol 1 and 2?

If I recall correctly, the current two volume set of Ranieri was edited down from the original five volumes (I think). I am not sure why they did that. I would also be careful about copyright...
  2. Re: Anybody Got a Copy of Ranieri Method Vol 1 and 2?

I was just talking with Tony Damiano (Sacramento) this morning. He's got both. I'm going to see about scanning for digital access. stay tuned.
  3. Hanakia dances (Folk music from the 17th century)

In the center of Moravia is the folklore area of Hanakia. From this region I have adapted 16 folk dance songs from the end of the 17th century for you. They were preserved in an anonymous collection...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What's GDAE and audible in a session?

Banjo mandolin.
  5. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Downloaded!
    Many thanks.

On a somewhat related note, has anybody had any luck machine converting ABC to TAB?
    There is this well known site: https://www.mandolintab.net/abcconverter.php

But...
  6. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

I enjoy having both together as well -- standard notation gives more context to tab. Still in the process of learning SN for mando

Awesome book tho, and this may help push me to finish learning...
  7. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Good work. You have, however, included many tunes by known composers whos work should be acknowledged at the very least.
  8. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

An excellent resource! Have downloaded it and read the fun and informative introduction. Now to learn a few new tunes! Thanks for sharing this with all of us!
  9. Re: What's the Eastman MD305 of Bowlback Mandolins?

That mandolin is being sold by a dealer in Japan. I am guessing that that model may have been branded Andreas Eastman for the Japanese market.
  10. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Not for making you feel foolish, right? ;)
  11. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

I'm an odd one who like having both dots and tab on the same page (but having one or the other ONLY isn't an issue. I also like the effort you spend up front in the text. Very nice!

Jamie
  12. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

I've always known Gravel Walk as singular not plural unless or course it is a different tune.
  13. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

What you did by having the TAb separate from the staff notation works for me...I never use TAB, only staff notation, and I personally don't like having them both together.

Nice work so far!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

Peter Ostroushko.
  15. Replies
    Views

"In a completely different style, here is some tremolo that amazes me from Calace’s Preludio No 1 op. 45 played by Detlef Tewes. The notes for this video were written by Cafe member Robert Margo....
  16. Replies
    Views

In a completely different style, here is some tremolo that amazes me from Calace’s Preludio No 1 op. 45 played by Detlef Tewes. The notes for this video were written by Cafe member Robert Margo....
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone Never Get Past the 'Speed Plateau'?

First of all, there will always and forever be folks that pick faster than you. No escaping that.

But with time, there will be more and more folks that wish they were as fast as you.

Most...
  18. Re: Bach BWV 1002, Partita I. Allemanda -- help fingering chord

During my time as a classical guitar student, I became aware that there are some deviations from Bach's manuscripts in the Neue Bach Ausgabe [complete collected works of Bach] that is used as the...
  19. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

Mandolin Deep Cuts, the examples you have furnished are tab. Once you get to the notes, ledger lines will force the staves further apart.
  20. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

This is a great point.

Even if it's fingering marks on the staff notation, the editor of the piece of music will choose which of any number of possible fingerings will be the ones they will...
  21. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

So this is a general question, and shows a bit of naiveté on my part. I have thought that the dots are the dots, but the tab is someone's decision as to how the dots should be fingered. It can be...
  22. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

I'm not a great reader of the dots but I also get annoyed by notation and tab on the same page.
    Mainly because it means twice as many page turns.
  23. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

The compact version, with one movement per page, might prove difficult. The edition I have of the six suites (transcribed for viola by Watson Forbes) has the preludes for Suites 1-4 across two pages....
  24. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

I appreciate the effort!

"Questions:
    1. Does anyone else actually care about the compact version? Or am I just the one crazy person that wants it?"

I would appreciate the option to not have...
  25. Replies
    Views

Telemann Allegro

I just posted this at the SAW group.

This is from John Goodin's book of Telemann arrangements for solo mandolin: Allegro from Fantasie No. 1 for solo flute.

3BMoyxYXg04
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4