Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Cedar mountain lewandoski?

Buyer should be aware that there are two repaired cracks and some dings at the treble f hole and some damage at the neck on treble side. Also, it is equipped with uncompensated saddle for Thomastik...
  2. Re: Stroboclip Tuner TL;DR Tale told by an idiot*, Part 765:

Like the Stroboclip around home. Use the Unitune or Polytune at jams and performances. It turns on and off quicker and is just as accurate, IMO.

Do occasionally jam with a guitarist who plays in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony Monterey mandolins

I have the birch model, mine is a catalogue model that's not branded, but equivalent to the H410 Monterey. I find it has a likable, balanced sound, but not the biggest in terms of depth or...
  4. Re: Stroboclip Tuner TL;DR Tale told by an idiot*, Part 765:

The TC Unitune Clip is nice because it works well, and folds back so it does not look like a small TV on the headstock. Battery life is great.
  5. Re: Stroboclip Tuner TL;DR Tale told by an idiot*, Part 765:

I have a clip on Peterson for the bench, but use the Unitune for everything else. It's very accurate, right up there with the Peterson, and gets about 4-5 times the battery life. I have one I keep on...
  6. Re: Stroboclip Tuner TL;DR Tale told by an idiot*, Part 765:

Have had a lot of tuners in the last decade.
    I love my pedal Turbo Tuner strobe and my Peterson clip on, the rest are not as good at their job (if workable employees)
  7. Re: Stroboclip Tuner TL;DR Tale told by an idiot*, Part 765:

I currently have three Stroboclips, a Strobostomp, and a Stroboplus. Love Peterson tuners lol.
  8. Run by Collective Soul - with Mandolin, Fiddle, etc.

https://youtu.be/chezY6UAMH8?feature=shared

^^^ CS is one of my all-time favorite bands. This cover is insanely well-done! Thought some here might enjoy.
  9. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 31: Thanks A Lot

Got home from a 36 hour van ride and immediately went to recording today's video. My brain is fried from sitting in a van for that long but I...
  10. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 24: Travelin' Teardrop Blues

Now THAT is a Ronnie solo if I've ever heard one. Free sheet music/tab are here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

RDcS92nIkSU
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tom Waits' Old Shoes

I don't play the guitar, Bob. Mandolin is my first instrument and I've been playing since just after Thanksgiving of last year. I enjoyed that video though and intend to check out more of his stuff.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Hmmm, used "Gibson A-1" at Guitar Center

Yep, it's that Gibson mojo that works for this one. Bumps up the price considerably, just because ...
  13. Replies
    Views

The funny thing is that they have a similar model Kay on the site for $299.00.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-Kay-Kraft-Mandolin-Natural-Mandolin.gc
  14. Replies
    Views

I just got a helluva deal on a used Kay mandolin at guitar center. Would pass for a Gibson
  15. Replies
    Views

Now, now, don't sell it short. They're probably also tuned the same. Probably ... :whistling:
  16. Replies
    Views

Maybe this instrument and a Gibson might SMELL the same. Other than that...
  17. Replies
    Views

That's hysterical. I hope they didn't pay Gibson prices for that Kay mandolin.

I just dropped them a note. Let's see what they say.
  18. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 16: I Haven’t Seen Mary In Years

If I could play back up mando parts the rest of my career I’d be happy. Free sheet music/tab here:...
  19. John McGann transcriptions - Billie's Bounce and St. Thomas

I took some correspondence lessons form John way back when. I recently came across the original sheets he mailed me. They were done in pencil. I decided to re-scan them and share here. Some nice...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar and mandolin anyone?

I get that some folks may want to speak about their experiences playing guitar or watching videos of others playing guitar... but I am NOT ready to move on from that performance by Thile and Lau...
  21. Replies
    Views

The Beatles: Come Together

I sincerely hope the members of the Cafe aren't getting sick of these! It's been a fun little project for me that I never intended to undertake. Anyway, here's another one. Cheers!

22. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky head stock inlay

I have one like that ... From 2013 I think. It is my back-up for when I leave my Collings mando home but could easily be my everyday mando. I like it so much that I had stainless steel frets put on...
  23. Replies
    Views

As others have said, that's the older inlay. The present one is the rose inlay.

And those newer ones are quite good.
  24. Replies
    Views

I saw a used 505 in the GC used listings with some extra inlay. No idea if it is a deal or not.
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Kentucky/KM505-Artist-A-Style-Mandolin-118831295.gc
  25. Replies
    Views

That's an older model 500. The inlay is the "Art Deco" inlay used at the time. I had one several years ago. Played it a lot - I really enjoyed the playability and sound on mine. Good luck!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4