Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman or Northfield Opinions

Dan, there are so many mandolins that cost less than the 815v that sound so much better. Any Kentucky km900 or km1000, Gibson A9, Silverangel, flatiron A5, and many more. I’ve played a few high end...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: A style Kimble, Heiden or ...

Funny, after reading this thread and commenting that my Fern has kept my Kimble MAS at bay, what did I do but find a Kimble A5 #280 for sale at North American Guitar and ordered it! Sheesh! It should...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: A style Kimble, Heiden or ...

Bitcoin to the moon!! Haha if not in this bull run, absolutely in 4 years ;)
    I’ve always wanted a Kimble mandolin. Everyone I’ve played has been a beast. And I think his aesthetics and designs are...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What Should My Next BC Pick Be?

Al, I'd highly recommend the XR50. Shaped like a dawg pick, 2 very rounded sides and one half pointed side, no bevel. The pointed side to me is right in between too pointy and bright (CT or TAD) vs...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Major Crush on Sierra Hull

Great pic DataNick! Hey how was her Harvey MM?
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: J Bovier Mandolins

Thanks DataNick!! Will do! I'd love to post a video review but the IPhone sound quality just doesn't cut it for me..hope to get a GoPro soon
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: J Bovier Mandolins

No worries Petrus, I've acquired the F5 Special that was just in the classifieds! I use to own a 2014 j. Bovier A5t and loved it, great instrument! Sold it on here to help fund my Gibson F9 Harvey.....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Picks making my mandolin sound dead (muted)

I enjoy a wegen tf140 the most out of primetone 1.5 triangle, fender heavy 346, dunlop ultex 1.14, v pick saga.. The primetone feels good with the grip and is the loudest pick I've used, it's...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin on sound quality merits only

Sub $500, J. Bovier A5 tradition from the Mando Shop! Every time. My bovier A5 sounded deeper and louder than my friends kentucky km950.. Seriously. Had to sell it to fund my new Gibson F9, and I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson vs Guitar Center

I just purchased a Gibson F9 built on October 29, 2014, signed by David Harvey. Set up was PERFECT!! And I bought it from a big box store that definitely didn't do any setup.. Only thing I've noticed...
  11. Re: D'Addario EXP74CM "Chris Thile Gauges" Now Available

Outstanding!!
  12. Thread: Cafe newbie

by Mandosurf
    Replies
    Views

Cafe newbie

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here but in the past year I think I've read thousands of yours! I've played guitar for 10 years until a year ago when I picked up mandolin as an easily...