Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Fan-fret 10-string from Davey Mandolins

Lovely - I visited Cas's worshop for a tenor guitar setup when he was building this mandolin, and saw it 'in the white'. I used to own a 5 string CGDAE cello, and I think even a relatively poor...
  2. Re: NMD: Fan-fret 10-string from Davey Mandolins

That is beautiful. I prefer the oval hole, flat top sound, and this is a wonderful execution. I have wanted a mandolalin for a long time, and when I eventually get one, it will be multiscale like...
  3. Re: NMD: Fan-fret 10-string from Davey Mandolins

That’s a beaut and sounds great too! I love a good ten string!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Pango / Afanti Factory

Update - Pango did eventually get back to me on 2/3. They’re shipping out my 10 string f-style mandocello this coming week (delayed due to the new year).

For anyone following or considering...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: A new GBOM source: Lyn Hardy

I have one of those octave mandos - bought it from Lyn a few weeks ago. They're cool. I'll see if I can post a pic. If this comes thru that's Lyn's octave on the right, a standard scale...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner with new Gold Tone GME-5 questions

I commonly see 48's on the C string for a standard scale. Question is whether it is actually standard or not. Try a flatwound.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Pango / Afanti Factory

Pango has been staying in touch with me since I ordered an Octave Mandolin from them. I have had to pursue them on updates. They do not have any stock and they begin a build once a purchase is...
  8. Re: Om:   gold tone vs trinity college - differences?

I know this is an old thread...but...I came across it a few months ago, and this advice made a lot of sense to me, so I looked Rick up (Elloree is on Facebook) and found out his price has gone up to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Pango Mandocello

Sharing the sound of my recently acquired Pango Alfanti octave mandolin with the TI mittel strings. Happy with the sound, playability and craftsmanship. I think $1500 is the reasonable limit for...
  10. SWEET GEORGIA BROWN chord melody...from Aaron Weinstein

https://youtu.be/6I27_ZL5TtU
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Repertoire baroque mandolino

I think you are both talking about the same tuning but strings listed in reverse. Usually you do it this way (in pairs, low to high): g b e' a' d" g"

Chris Acquavella has a suggested baroque...