Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Fantasy on Two French Carols Andrew Forrest

Link to video Fantasy on Two French Carols
    https://ln5.sync.com/dl/c09dd3f60/8wzwn3va-h8k9rv25-82r7m32y-7t37z752
    Thanks Ranald
  2. Ottawa, Canada solo mandolin concert announcement

I am thrilled and excited to perform and demonstrate the enchanting qualities and versatility of the mandolin family of instruments. I will perform a well-rounded selection of mandolin pieces on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD315/MD515 vs Kentucky KM750

I recently had the opportunity to accompany and listen to a reknowned classical player audition the Eastman 515 CC/N against the other mandolins present in the Music Emporium showroom just outside...
  4. Re: Yet another Thomastik-Infield string question

Has anyone compared the Fisoma Supersolo, Lenzner Mandolin Strings to Thomastiks and if so how do they compare in sound quality, loudness and longevity?
    Thanks!
  5. Re: Pontapé, Tom Wright Trio Live at Blue House Productions

Super Tom! Love your groove!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Best On-Instrument Mic

Hi Mandolinian,
    It would be easiest to recommend the microphones if we knew the application. Is this for home use, recording or on stage performance. Loud environments or quieter venues? I have...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

r7Kt382Nvq4
    We’ll be have been back doing some gigs!
    Here we are actually separated from the audience by a plexiglass wall!
    Let’s continue to be safe!
    Have a great safe and festive season!
    Barry
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Florian Klaus Rumpf Kickstarter

I support Florian too! Come on everyone, Florian is a great and dedicated mandolin player and teacher. He has offered lots to the mandolin community. Let’s show our appreciation by supporting our...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Schertler Jam 100 or 150 users?

Well I invited the seller over to audition the Schertler Jam 100. It is quite impressive as an acoustic amplifier. I played a couple of nice acoustic mandos through it with glorious results. The...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Refretting a Gibson A

I was wondering what is the average cost to refret a teen oval Gibson A model these days. I know it varies quite a bit but my Gibson is approaching refret needs!
  11. Re: Aaron Weinstein's New Apitius yorkville mandolin

If there is anyone who deserved such a “Beast”, this is surely you!
    Enjoy it at may it bring lots of Nachas to you as a player. It will bring lots of joy to your worldwide listeners.:mandosmiley:...
  12. Re: Some questions about optional features on mandolins:

Please don’t take this in the wrong way!
    I am not trying to be pretentious!
    If binding would have been essential for either playability or acoustics I think Stradivarius would have figured that one...
  13. Re: Some questions about optional features on mandolins:

Just my opinion:
    1. The wider nut will provide you with more fretboard space to accommodate an arthritic condition for finger placement BUT make sure the neck dimension is NOT TOO thick in the back...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: CMSA Convention in the Clouds

I don’t think there is any need to qualify the $150 cost for this event. It is way beyond my expectations. Along with my inscription I have repeat access and I get to meet fine people in this COVID...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The Myth of Perfection

Since my early exposure to playing mandolin, almost 60 years, I have been fascinated by musical instruments. Sound emanating from wooden boxes, wave patterns hitting my ears from a simple needle...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 3-Part Chris Thile Master Class online

Thanks Bradeasley!
    Here is the reference link for all of you with more information about the event. Certainly this will be helpful....
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: 3-Part Chris Thile Master Class online

Personally I find it a both disappointing and insulting to have absolutely NO description of content. Yes he is Chris Thile but we are a community of supportive mandolin players who are also people....
  18. Re: Campanella, Red Diamond, Northfield, Collings experience

Tim,
    Enjoy you new mando! The mtv2’s sing with a beautiful bell-like texture...all the way up the neck!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastik-Infeld Strings

I find the stings lovely to play however the bass is definitely not as powerful.
    The strings are more laid back or you could say less upfront, less drive!
    They are much easier to fret with less...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastik-Infeld Strings

David,
    Which Thomastiks sets are you using on your Mandola and Mandocello?
    Thanks!
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: A Year With Calace?

I sent Florian a request asking if he could provide recordings of the exercises I thought it would also help him market this incredible set of lessons. It had already been suggested to him. It is...
  22. Re: anyone change their plain steel high strings faster than wrap

Follow up from my previous post!
    The Thomastik D and G strings last for a very very long time! They certainly outlast both the wound A and Plain E strings.
  23. Re: anyone change their plain steel high strings faster than wrap

I change the E string of the Thomastiks. This is the only unwound string!
    When the A string loses timbre I sometimes replace it with unwound A strings. I find the wound D and G strings significantly...
  24. Re: Bach Prelude to suite #3--new recordiing

That was lovely Tom..the way you maintain the sustain and respond to it is wonderful to listen to and experience.
    Great with headphones by the way!
    Thanks for posting!
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie Here

Mandolins have higher string tension than guitars. You could reduce this tension by changing to lighter gauge strings. You may even consider flat top strings but they are more expensive. What string...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3