Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Wave Instrument Videos

Great idea HarrisonMando and a wonderful performance and great sound from your octave.

Here's the most recent video I have of my Old Wave octave. It's a tune I recorded for the SAW group here on...
  2. Replies
    Views

I played an Old Wave at Carter's when I was on the hunt for an upgrade many years ago. If I had had the money, I would've bought that mando, without a doubt; but it was way outside my budget. Bill...
  3. Replies
    Views

Old Wave is the brand name that the late Bill Bussmann put on the instruments he built.

http://www.oldwavemandolins.com/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=old+wave+mandoin
  4. Replies
    Views

Nice playing and a lovely tribute.
    Bill
  5. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

At the Goldendale Pickers Festival last month there was a player who had one of those and I was thoroughly impressed by it. That thing sang and was clear as a bell and surprisingly loud, given its...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Doug Unger Mandolin??

Way back in the Plasticine Era, 1979 when I was a young fella, I spent five weeks in Elkins WV taking a luthiery course at Augusta, taught mainly by Paul Reisler. In that length of time our group of...
  7. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

That is one great looking and sounding mandolin. I'll have to look for "Homer the Roamer". Very nicely played btw. Thank you!!

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
  8. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

My friends in Ohio are good friends with Doug who I believe is still around doing art and playing music and maybe even building instruments. I have seen a few of his instruments on sale IIRC at...
  9. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

What a fine mandolin! I love it! :mandosmiley:
  10. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

Congrats and beautiful looks and tone on that mando. Fine picking on Homer the Roamer too. Enjoy!
  11. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

I'd say that would be a happy coincidence then.
  12. Re: Doug Unger Artist Mandolin (New mandolin to me)

I believe that mandolin, if it is the same one, belonged to a friend of mine who passed away a few years back. He was a very famous landscape painter, originally from Gloucester, Mass....who later...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko

for me Pete is right up there with the great mandolin players of the era - Grisman, Bush, Mike Marshall, Evan Marshall, Andy Statman, Mike Compton, Radim Zenkle, Tim Ware and so on.
    very influential...
  14. Thread: Peter Ostroushko

by DougC
    Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko

Thanks for the reminder. He was a dear friend who was proud of his heritage and at the same time a great 'American' in the sense that he maintained that everyone is worthy of respect.
  15. Replies
    Views

How's She Lookin' Now?

The Well Worn F2 has some new finery! Me and my mando took a trip up to Jake Wildwoods yesterday to fix her up in her fancy new duds.

Hey, I think putting on the new (old) Handel tuners made her...
  16. Replies
    Views

Daughter's New Mandolin!

Morning, Y'all!

I had to share the excitement from this morning's unboxing of Maddy's brand spanking new Ratliff Mandolin. The UPS guy didn't show up until after bedtime last night so she woke up...
  17. Re: Free Livestream Concert Tonight (lots of mandolin content)

You can watch in via archive, I am doing that now.
  18. Re: Free Livestream Concert Tonight (lots of mandolin content)

Bummed I missed it! I hope your event went well :)
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretless mandolin?

If you want to play maqam Middle Eastern music like an oud player, I can certainly see why you might want a fretless mandolin.

I did vaguely check into this after I had been on a course at...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

Peter's mandolin playing was foundational for me when I was learning mandolin. His later soundtrack music for Ken Burns and others remains atop my listening/playing along list.

A fond...
  21. Re: Thoughts on starter fiddles/transitioning to fiddle

I just took this step myself, and decided on buying a used, old fiddle.

I have a violin shop down the street, and a well known one a city over, and have inquired about starting violins. While the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Campanella Mandolins

I believe he has made at least one of those guitars.
  23. Sunday picking sessions at my house are keeping me alive...

... and I am so grateful for them! Every Sunday, I have a different couple of people drop by. I cook lunch for them, we eat together, then we eventually pick on tunes. Every Sunday is different, and...
  24. Re: Free Online Mandolin Workshop - Brainstorming

Tone.

Whatever one’s playing level, and whatever grade of mandolin one has, what are the checkpoints of technique, mechanics, etc., that help pull the best possible tone out of the instrument as...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

Truly unique and I love it!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3