Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

I'd save a lot of $ and buy a Hogan F5 and get an accurate copy of a Loar F5. If I did buy one, I'd dig the name out of the headstock with a pocket knife just for their constant lawsuit threat...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Skip, Hop & Hobble

I saw them at Telluride soon after the album came out, and I was completely taken by their music. Went right to the CD tent after their set and bought the CD. Amazing music that sounds as fresh today...
  3. Re: What is it about the ARMY/Navy style mando that is so attract

OR ... There's a simplicity to them that makes them elegant.
  4. Replies
    Views

Worried man blues double stops

I’ve been working my way through David Benedict’s beginner video series and accompanying PDF book. Here’s his basic double stop version of “Worried Man Blues” that I messed around with and added a...
  5. Re: Sierra Hull & Billy Strings "What Does the Deep Sea Say?"

These two need to release a duo album!
  6. Replies
    Views

Green Mountain Bluegrass

I was lucky enough to catch Saturday and Sunday at the Green Mountain Bluegrass and Roots festival, and what a gem of a festival it is. Set in the beautiful Green Mountains outside of Manchester VT,...
  7. Thread: Cherry F5

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: Cherry F5

This tiny picture is the best I have of the cherry mando I made in the early '90s. It sounded very good.
  8. Thread: Cherry F5

by PT66
    Replies
    Views

Re: Cherry F5

I never felt that cherry stinks when working with it. I have built many instruments out of cherry and always thought it had a sweet smell.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Briliancy done right

Well cause he's Sam Bush.......
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: seeking modern bluegrass suggestions

I put some suggestions on the first page, but adding a couple here:

Mountain Grass Unit: a very young trio, played mostly covers but had a couple of originals. I had hear OF them before, but...
  11. Re: Sam Bush and David Grisman named to the Bluegrass Hall of Fam

Congratulations Sam & David!!!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Bobelock arrow case

Here's my ivory Bobalock Arrow case with a sheet of white paper lying on top. This was taken with a iPhone under 5000 kelvin temperature LED lights, and then color corrected using photoshop elements....
  13. Re: Is Gibson only making two models of mandolins now?

There are so many small, high quality, builders in the USA these days. They are eating "Gibson's" lunch. If Gibson mandolins go to the wayside, it would be sad but not unexpected. Happy owner of a...
  14. Replies
    Views

Sierra and Justin Soundcheck this afternoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RymKTHUyU-4
  15. Replies
    Views

Big Mon Song breakdown and sheet music

Hey all

I just posted another free song breakdown on my site today for Big Mon. The lesson features a few voicing options for the standard melody, harmony, and chords.
  16. Re: It’s official. Going on tour is not fun. (TicketMaster etc.)

If venues want to use TicketMaster, they have to sign an exclusive deal with them--they can't have any music events that don't use TicketMaster. That along with their merger/acquisition of LiveNation...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

One more for the Ladys !:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDEbnd4QA0
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's guitar

No. He's Bill Monroe.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's guitar

I know I once saw a photo of Bill showing Tony Rice how to play guitar. My guess is that took some real Brass?
  20. Re: I've owned an A-style for 72 hours and already hate the shape

Forget the strap. It would be better to buy a nice suit.
    Even with 1000 dollars of lessons most of us still wouldn’t sound like Jethro.
    At least with a nice suit you could look like him.
  21. Replies
    Views

Lakota Leathers Strap Heads-Up (Cheap)

I was looking at the Music-Go-round site last night, and noticed that they had a few "used" Lakota Leathers Mando straps available, though they still seemed to have the original tags on them.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra on Fretboard Journal

Sierra is perhaps the most musical creature in the know universe.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Brought home a Buckeye!

Another quick update: The honeymoon phase with The Buckeye is still going strong. It's got tone that always makes me smile and continues to inspire me to play it every chance I get.

If anyone...
  24. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

For me, it appears to be this weirdo. Finished it 10 years ago, and haven't really felt the need for another acoustic mandolin since.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: 1950’s Gibson F5

Yeah, all you have to do is have someone disassemble it, re-work it and re-assemble it for whatever that costs. Or maybe find a good sounding mandolin of which there are plenty of.
    That was the...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4