Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Value of a good restorer

No, no, no. That is $900 for 30 years effort making $4 and hour to get to the point of where he can do this level of restoration work....Nobody gets rich doing this; it is a labor of love. $900...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Interview with Tom Rozum

Jubilee is such a great album. And I love my "Monroe" Style t-shirt, just can't get into it anymore.....:))
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Interview with Tom Rozum

Check out Tom's fantastic tri-tone solo 50 seconds in on this classic Laurie Lewis song I'm Gonna Be the Wind. She doesn’t get enough creds for her songwriting, so much energy here.
  4. Replies
    Views

Interview with Tom Rozum

Thought people may enjoy this. What a player.

https://bluegrasstoday.com/california-report-tom-rozum-laurie-lewis-right-hand-man/
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel Loar A5 tribute

Ummm...there was only one Loar A5...so yep.

Violin makers have been copying Strads and Guarneri's for hundreds of years...it's a tribute......you get it or you don't....unless a builder passes it...
  6. Replies
    Views

My wife once attended a girls’-night-out art class with a friend.
    The event consisted of an instructor and a dozen girls sipping Chardonnay while attempting to paint Van Gogh’s Starry night with...
  7. Replies
    Views

I would be more than glad to play it for you :mandosmiley:
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Adding or replacing binding?

Forget that idea. It's impossible to do that without need for extensive finish touchup and that will never be invisible. You can have the whole instrument refinished but that would cost more than...
  9. Replies
    Views

Gary Vessel F5 #94

Well I'll be..... just found out this great mandolin I own, is on the Grammy award winning Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper record "Tall Fiddler".
    Builder is Gary Vessel. I bought this instrument...
  10. Re: Of your favorite instruments that qualify for this site...

My personal favorite for playing around the house, and with small groups is a Gary Vessel F5.
    Superb tone, and handles all styles of playing with ease.

11. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner tuners are back

Waiting on Rubner F Luxury tuners and hopefully by January !
  12. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Sorry guys, of all the things to be outraged about in the world today this don’t make the list! :popcorn:
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin guitar bridge reglue job

Send it back to Martin and say no; life is too short to waste your time with that plastic crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin guitar bridge reglue job

Hazeguitars.com has an article on HPL Martin's. Might be useful.

In the old days we used toluol based contact cement, don't think you can buy it now. Waterbased contact cements also work quite...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: DFX code for f5 f hole

Is it just me or does it seem to others as though this is a case of using a technology that is far more "advanced" than is necessary? A case of; "the technology exists, gotta use it!"?
    I have a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel Mandola

Send it over. I've been writing in C, F, and Gm lately.

;-)

Daniel
  17. Replies
    Views

Beautiful!

Jamie
  18. Replies
    Views

Gary, that is some kind of fine!!! I'd love to put a pick to that!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Tenor Lute

I recently made a post on Facebook stating how Loar seemed to have a pretty strong liking for his 10 string mando-viola. Multiple public photos of him show him holding it. Being so fond of it it...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Tenor Lute

Who said anything about profiteering and bogus descriptions, etc? No other repliers brought this person up. The instrument in question is a very rough example of the Gibson tenor lute (which says...
  21. Re: Anatomy of a fine Loar mandolin "Bench-copy/Tribute"

Could we keep the "copyright infringement/fraud/counterfeit"-topic out of this thread please.

Not only professionally am I interested in the legal part of this topic. But I don´t think that this...
  22. Re: Anatomy of a fine Loar mandolin "Bench-copy/Tribute"

Gary: This is a gorgeous instrument.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Flea Market Loar

So, Gary, let me get this straight......instead of getting mad about the guy finding a $20 Loar, like a normal person, you were inspired to spend months making your own? Amazing! You must be a very...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel February 18 1924 replica

I love it Some of the best work I've seen:cool:
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel February 18 1924 replica

Not that what Gibson produces in the Distressed MM line is suspect; on the contrary they make some really good mandolins that are pretty good Loar F5 replicas; but if Gibson wanted to make the best,...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4