Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Even the cafe is biased towards f's

I haven't heard anyone ever say it out loud, but does an A really count as a mandolin?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Just made a strap!!!

Nice
  3. Replies
    Views

Playing in front of Nasser Shamma

I went yesterday to the "Arabic Oud House" founded by Nasser Shamma the famous Oud player. They have recently opened a department for mandolin.
    I just had to post this picture of me playing in his...
  4. just had my best musical occurance. I feel so great right now.

I'm a painfully shy person and I live at a campground. I introduced myself to a family of campers next to my campsite and they've heard me playing my mandolin. They asked me to come play for them an ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: My new baby!!

congrats Chris , a beautiful mando
    play it in good health

find the download for 'how to set up' your mando,

do a search here

it will help you a great deal knowing some basics, even if you...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What would YOU do?

I have a cheap flattop that I use as a travel mandolin. It's sounds pretty nice and plays well, but it wouldn't break my heart if it was lost, stolen, or smashed.

There are plenty of super-cheap...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What would YOU do?

Enjoy your vacation. Be present in it.

Jamie
  8. Replies
    Views

Interesting Video on Stage Fright

There has been some discussion in other threads about stage fright. I recently ran across this video on "Ted Talks" about it. It may not be a solution for everyone, but I found it a humorous and...
  9. Replies
    Views

"My Life as a Mandolin"

Fiction based on fact.113658
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: You can learn to play the banjo

That text-to-movie service is a website where you can make your own cartoons like that one and put in what ever dialog you like.

Of course saying "Banjo players are pot smoking hippies." is an...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: You can learn to play the banjo

Ouch! Painful zinger at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xilTIQtX10
  12. Re: I'm a high functioning autistic. Mandolin makes me feel norma

Kevbunch, that had to be the most amazing posts I have ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing your story and the impact this beautiful instrument has had on it. The only thing I disagree with is your...
  13. Thread: Mandolin Art

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

Mandolin Art

I was going through some papers today and found this piece I did a while back. Thought I'd share it. Happy New Year to all.
  14. Replies
    Views

I discovered a free fake book

I ran across this and I think it's pretty good. Plus, it's free. You can either view or print off all or as much as desired. Here is the link.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Martial arts/meditation and the mandolin

I have a lot of years invested in martial arts, yoga and meditation, as well as a lot of years playing the mandolin, and a few years working on my own spiritual/psychological issues of calmness and...
  16. Re: Difference between early Flatiron A models:

I've got an 86 JR and the tuning machines it came with were economy caliber with chrome metal buttons. They worked okay, but I upgraded to Schallers, anyway. At some time after Gibson's purchase...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Difference between early Flatiron A models:

Yes, they're still tone bar braced. Don't know whether there are any other differences between the '90 and earlier models.
  18. Replies
    Views

The mandoline in France

I am French and mandolin player. After having given up this marvellous instrument during more than 40 years to play of the rock'n'roll on an electric guitar, I returned to my first love. Thanks to...