Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Hard vs. Foam cases

In his interview on this site, Mike Marshall describes using a Travelite so it's always convenient to keep the instrument on him. If they're good enough for his Loar...

That's an excellent...
  2. Replies
    Views

jim simpson wrote:
    "I'm still waiting for a polyfoam/Travelite-like case with a latched closure instead of a zipper. Would it be that hard to design and implement one?"

I have a Travelite and...
  3. Replies
    Views

I agree the zipper is a weak point/inconvenience.

I think where you are taking it is a consideration, as stated by others. I often take two electric guitars in gig bags to my gig, if I am placing...
  4. Replies
    Views

I like them both for different reasons but use my Travelite 80% of the time. My rule of thumb is if I'm traveling alone (in my own car) and will be with the mandolin most of the time, I use the...
  5. Replies
    Views

I'm still waiting for a polyfoam/Travelite-like case with a latched closure instead of a zipper. Would it be that hard to design and implement one?
  6. Replies
    Views

My Silverangel came in a Travelite case, which offers pretty good protection as long as you don't put it in a van with heavy speaker cabs and amp racks then drive down a twisty road. I generally...
  7. Replies
    Views

It's all a question of how much protection you want reflected by how much money you want to spend and how much weight you want to carry. For thermal protection you can purchase a case cover and have...
  8. Replies
    Views

I have Back Pack straps on my Eastman Fiberglass case Its a single layer of FG, so, not that heavy.

unlike the Pegasus which uses several glass fabric layers..

I see the shape of the New...
  9. Replies
    Views

A banjo or guitar I can see the weight is a consideration.The size of a mandolin case plus the mandolin is not so heavy as to be a factor in what protection I deem necessary. I think it would be best...
  10. Replies
    Views

My banjo is in a polyfoam case. Unzipping it is inconvenient, but otherwise I love it. My opinion is a tight fit in shock-absorbing foam is great protection. If I were flying, I would feel...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidify mandolins hanging on the walls

I won't get into the merits of keeping your instruments in or out of a case except to say that I think it's more of a personal preference as there are pros and cons to both arrangements. If you'd...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Good enough? Practice tips

It doesn't have to be that way. You'll never have enough hours in your life to practice all of everything to perfection.
    Get it good enough, then only practice the snaggy bits until they're good...
  13. Replies
    Views

You could try recording yourself and putting some stuff on the net. I have put some stuff on Youtube that I wouldn't say is great, but is mostly mistake free and not horrible to listen to.
    I do...
  14. Replies
    Views

At some point, getting better involves you hearing something that needs improving and acting on it to clear up the problem.

If you don't mind sounding sloppy - I don't see where practice does much...
  15. Replies
    Views

For me the "good enough" bar was recently raised by exposure to some really good players. It was my first time playing in a mandolin ensemble. And our leader was Jacob Reuven, who is beyond amazing....