Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

They just sent me an update on the mandolin with a link to the YouTube video of the prototype, it's not as finished as it will be but you get the idea of the tone. I was also asked to verify my...
  2. Replies
    Views

Thanks for sharing the pics Ian. I'm really looking forward to my Klos Carbon Fiber mandolin. Just wondering when you'll be sending out emails for the remaining payment for the mandolins?
  3. Re: Living in Kazakhstan, ready for online course

Artistworks would be a great online class for you. They have 3 mandolin teachers, Sierra Hull, Mike Marshall (very experienced in all types of playing), and his wife Caterina Lichtenberg has her...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Improving tone.

You can sign up for classes with her through artistworks and right now they’re having a 50% off on an annual subscription. You can send video exchanges into her as you go through the course and she...
  5. Replies
    Views

I'm very interested and replied back to their email. I'm hoping it's an F shape or a 2 point at least. But I do want to see a picture, know what kind of tuners, tailpiece, nut width, and hopefully...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Artistworks vs Peghead Nation

I love Artistworks and have taken lessons from a few teachers on there. Some of the response time can be a little slow to your VE's but that is the minority of the teachers. I have to say Bryan...
  7. Re: Thoughts on Sierra Hull course at ArtistWorks

I'm taking her course as well as Mike Marshall's. There's several people that take both courses and they'll send in their VE (video exchanges) to both teachers to get their replies. It's always...
  8. Re: Has anyone ordered one of the Synergy Carbon Fiber mandolins?

Alfons, I did ask them about putting an extra strap button on because in the description it says it comes with one strap button. They said that actually it will have 2 strap buttons on it they just...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me it gets easier.

I'd put a plug in for Artistworks, they have two mandolin teachers now with Mike Marshall and Sierra Hull. I've been taking the Mike Marshall mandolin course on Artistworks and love it and his...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What are you looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to my new to me Northfield Big Mon and learning to play the mandolin better as well as the guitar and banjo. I'm looking forward to jamming, something I've not done any of really...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Experiences with ArtistWorks

Yeah, I've been doing quite a few courses through Artistworks and I've never noticed a comment other than encouraging from other people on the site. I find other peoples VE's very helpful. There...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Experiences with ArtistWorks

I love their courses and especially the bluegrass courses. I've been taking Tony Trischka banjo, Bryan Sutton guitar (fantastic), Michael Daves bluegrass vocals, and Mike Marshall mandolin courses...
  13. Thread: Beginner info

by Deblues
    Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner info

Artistworks is having their half off sale for their annual subscription to their classes, which makes the class $140 for the year. Mike Marshall teaches the mandolin there geared towards bluegrass...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

Hi Scott,
    I just sold my mandolin but before I deleted the ad I had sent you a PayPal payment. When I deleted the ad something popped up to send you a payment for the ad but like I said I'd already...
  15. Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

Very cool! I really enjoyed that and nice story.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Day!

Enjoy your new mandolin! That Northfield amber looks great. I got one just like it about a month ago and really love it. Congratulations!