Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Out of solidarity we will observe Blackout Tuesday

Since inception this site has attempted to serve as an oasis, a respite from the rest of the world, a place to relax, let down and get away from a lot of complicated news, hot button topics, and many...
  2. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

Nugget F5
  4. Re: Gibson F-5 Lloyd Loar Signed December 1, 1924 Mandolin

That's the one I had to buy after I had them do a demo! I love it!

For me it stood out from other Virzi Loars I've heard if that makes sense? Its not an in your face Loar like most gravitate to,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave Tonegard (First one!)

Dude what? Don't let the inevitable chatter about Tonegards dissuade you. There are plenty of us who 1) Already love having Tonegards on their existing mandolins and 2) Are thinking about an Eastman...
  6. Replies
    Views

Eastman Octave Tonegard (First one!)

Decided to order a Tonegard for my Eastman octave mandolin. Sent Tony the drawing of the back and he worked his magic. Fits perfectly. Now, just got it in the mail today, so haven't had time for a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Jacobson Carbon Fiber Mandolin Prototype

Very impressive! Beautiful design, great sound. Any initial thoughts about production, price point, etc.?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mangan monel strings

I use Martin Retros on my D-18 and 00-15 (mediums and lights respectively), and I love them on each of those guitars. So, a couple months ago, I picked up some of the Mangan Monel Mediums for the...
  9. Re: End of the Mandolin Symposium in Santa Cruz, CA each June

It's a sad day to learn that the Mandolin Symposium has come to an end. I've recorded the student concerts for the last 12 years, (with the exception of 2005 and 2011 when I was traveling).
  10. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Symposium 2014

Here's videos of the student concert from the Mandolin Symposium 2014.

Mandolin Symposium 2014
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Got any St Paddy's Day Gigs Coming Up?

St. Patrick's Day...the one day of the year when people who spend 364 days a year ignoring Irish music come out and tell musicians how to play it.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: celtic jig picking patterns

Yes, it matters. It's DU DDU DDU DDU DDU DDU for jigs. DUDU DUDU DUDU for reels. It's important to get this rhythm nailed down for the mandolin. You can add ornamentation with either pattern. ...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Any good Octave Mandolin Tutorials/Lessons?

Pretty much all I have is what is here.